Psalm 66:10-12

"For you, O God, have tested us; you have tried us as silver is tried. You brought us into the net; you laid a crushing burden on our backs; you let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance."
‭‭
     ~Psalm‬ ‭66:10-12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

COMMENT:
Psalm 66 is predominantly a psalm of praise. But as I read these particular verses the other morning, I realized something. The writer is declaring the praise and glory of God despite the crushing test he has been put through. These few verses are a fabulous testimony of a heart full of faith.

My life and the lives of my family has been shaken lately to a serious point where all we have left to do is have faith.

Honestly the words of these verses have seemed like what we have had to deal with. God has been testing us. He has been refining us as silver. He has been teaching all of us that all we need is faith. Faith that everything works according to his purpose, and that in his timing, he will bring us to a place of abundance.

But these verses can be applicable to every tough situation. The moment that we realize our strength can do nothing and instead surrender to God, the greater our victory will be.

And yes, there will be victory. It may not be the victory we were expecting, but since when has God ever been predictable? His victory is and will be greater that our fallible minds can think of.

God has never lost and he never will. No matter how impossible our situation may be, when we surrender an open ear and a willing heart, our impossible becomes his possible.

Lily