Proverbs 4:23

♡Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life.♡

~Proverbs 4:23

COMMENT:
Today we are in Proverbs 4:23, looking at the instruction from a father to a son to guard the heart with diligence.

Why is the writer saying this? Well, if you read the entire chapter, you'll notice that the writer of this proverb is beseeching his son to hold fast to his teachings of wisdom and not to turn away from instruction.

In vs. 23, it tells us to guard our hearts, for from it flow the issues of life. What does this mean?

The meaning is simple. Keep your hearts clean from things in the world that might draw you away from the Lord.

We must be careful and diligent about guarding our hearts from the sinful things of this world because what is in our hearts affects our true character.

If we are truly born-again children of the Most High, our hearts are filled with the things of God, and we produce the fruit of the Spirit.

But if we follow the ways of the world and continue along the path of sin, our hearts are far from the Lord, and we are headed down the broad path to eternal damnation.

This is the choice we as believers must make daily. Will we follow the lusts of our flesh and fill our hearts with sinful desires, or will we guard our hearts with diligence and keep ourselves holy before God, unstained by the world?

Lily (lilyflower1603)