Satan's Tactics of Deception: #1 Doubt (Matt 4:1:11)

(Matthew 4:1:11)

I recently read the story of Jesus's Temptation and I wanted to share some lessons I learned. I'll break these lessons up into different chapters, the first one being doubt.

Satan first confronts Jesus with this statement. "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become bread."

Now keep in mind that at this point, Jesus has been fasting for a long time and is very weak. Pay attention. Satan begins by attacking Jesus's identity in God. "IF you are the son of God..."

Satan's tactics are always the same. He uses this same tactic of doubt on so many minds of today. Why does he still use it? BECAUSE IT WORKS!!! He still uses it because our minds are weak and will believe anything that is repeated loudly and often enough. He pinpoints our weakest points and plants seeds of doubt into our minds. His lies make us doubt our salvation in Christ. His lies make us doubt the validity of our gifts and talents given to us by our Creator.

But you know what? Satan's tactics have no battle plan attached because no matter how hard he attacks, the more we cry out to God, the more strength we are given to defeat him.

Fight Satan's doubts with the truths of Jesus and God's word. Fight Satan's doubts through prayer, fasting, and faith. Endure in the fight for your life and don't give up!

Lily (Lilyflower1603)