Jeremiah 17:7

♡Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord and whose hope the Lord is.♡
KJV

Jeremiah 17:7

COMMENT:
To better understand this verse in it's context, we must first go back to verses 5-6 of Chapter 17.

These verses tell us that the man who trusts in himself and in his own strength instead of in God is like a dried up shrub in the desert. His heart is turned away from the Lord. Now, we all know what the desert is like—barren and empty, hot and dry. The man who trusts in himself is exactly like this; nothing good can come from a barren wasteland.

Skip ahead to verses 7-8. The man who trusts the Lord and who's trust is the Lord is like a newly planted tree by streams of water. He is blessed because he stays steadfast in times of heat, and his faith does not waver in times of drought. He does not cease to bear fruit.

We as Christians must strive to be like the man who trusts in the Lord and not like the man who trusts in himself. Our human flesh has weaknesses. Sometimes we have burdens that no one but God can relieve. We just have to let go of our pride and be willing to admit when we need assistance.

We must remain steadfast in our faith when we are faced with opposition and oppression. We must bloom where we are planted and continue to bear fruit even when things seem dry, desolate, and even sometimes hopeless. We are building up our treasure in Heaven when we still bloom in places where things seem dark and hopeless.

Lily (lilyflower1603)