Ephesians 3:7-12

(Look up and read Ephesians‬ ‭3:7-12 ESV)

I found this particular passage very interesting. Especially what Paul said about the churches. The churches were made to make the wisdom of God known to the spiritual forces of the heavenly places. Their main focus was to be on battling their spiritual enemies with the boldness, confidence, and access they had through their faith in Christ.

I can't help but compare this purpose to the churches we have in America today. I'd say that the vision of most of today's churches have become so clouded with unimportant things that they have completely lost sight of their true purpose. They've stopped allowing the Holy Spirit to move and closed their eyes to their spiritual enemies.

But this doesn't mean that all churches are like this. There are still churches out there that are truthfully alive by the power of the Holy Spirit. They understand what their purpose is. They understand, (like every born again believer should) that we are in a spiritual battle and we MUST engage in it.

We ALL must realize as Paul did what a great gift we've been given. The grace of God. The authority of Jesus's name to fight our enemies. We cannot remain stagnant. A battle, whether it is physical or spiritual, cannot be won just by passively ignoring it. It must be won through actively engaging in it!