1 Timothy 4:12 NKJV

"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 

The older generation sometimes looks down on us - the younger generation. Some say we're immature, over-dramatic, disrespectful, naïve. Many things can be said about our generation. Some of the time those things hurt our self esteem.

They can make us feel small. A drop in an ocean. To young to be knowledgeable. Too irrelevant to make a difference.

But it isn't all about age.

They're many examples of young people doing wonderful things in the world. David was a young man when he slew Goliath. Mozart wrote his first symphony at 8. Malala Yousafzai won a nobel prize at 17. Mabou Louiseau played six instruments and spoke 7 languages by the age of five.

You're NOT required to accomplish any of the things these people did though but the point is they accomplished great things despite their age.

And so can you. Your great thing might be starting that YouTube channel to help girls around the world. Or creating that app or website that'll make life easier for other. Or that podcast which can change someone's life. Your great thing might be whatever you create.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you're young. Paul believed in Timothy and Jesus believes in you.

Prayer:

Dear Father, I thank you for the unique qualities you have blessed me with. I thank you that I can ask for wisdom whenever and receive it from it. I pray that I never underestimate the potential you have put in me to accomplish great things. I yield to Your will in my life and won't let my age hinder me from doing what you want me to do. In Jesus Name, Amen.

- Blossom