Romans 5:1-5

Romans 5:1-5
NKJV

Faith Triumphs in Trouble
5
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Comment
👆🏼This verse tells me a lot. During trials and storms, we always ask God to remove them. We ask God to take away the pain. We ask God to remove our problems yet this verse tells us that our trials are good. They help build our character, perseverance, and trust in God.

Imagine if we never had problems, and persecution, no pain, no mental health issues and never got sick.

Perfect right?

Well yes but also kind of no.

In God's original design yes pain and suffering was never there. A perfect world is absent of these things but we don't live in a perfect world.

Tell me how would we be? We would think we are enough. We would think that we have it all. We would think we don't need God and wouldn't be able to relate to others sufferings. We have sin and by living in this sinful world with sinful bodies we need to be renewed, refined and grown which is accomplished through trials and God's testings.

How will others feel? You have a perfect life and everything in the world. How will they relate to you? How can you help them if you never experienced hardship in your life?

Sis. Listen. It's painful, trust me I know this but you can't keep asking for it to disappear. Ask for strength to get through it. Ask for guidance and His direction in this storm.

A lot of people will get pride and be weak. We will get so used to getting everything right that when something goes wrong we fall easily. Your trials build you. It helps you. You'll one day thank God you went through what you went through because of all the people you helped through it.

Trials create testimonies and testimonies save souls.

Remember God is good no matter what. If He allowed something to happen it's for a very good reason. Not because He loves it when you suffer but because He's more concerned with your spirit than comfort in your flesh.

-etty