Romans 5:1-5

Romans 5:1‭-‬5
NKJV
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

This verse tells me a lot. During trials and storms, we always ask God to remove them. We ask God to take away the pain. We ask God to remove our problems yet this verse tells us that our trials can sometimes be good, trials aren't there to destroy us to build us. They help build our character, perseverance, and trust in God. We also have hope and trust that though we will face tribulations (John 16:33), they won't last forever but God uses trials to refine and shape us to become more like Him and ready for the next season of life.

If God never allowed us to go through trials it would sound perfect but the result would be no growth. We would become prideful because we believe all we have is by our strength. We will rely on ourselves. Our characters wouldn't be tested and refined. Our faith in God wouldn't grow. Our boldness in faith wouldn't grow. We wouldn't be able to exercise the Bible we read with the attitude we take.

How will others feel? You have a perfect life and everything in the world. How will they relate to you? How can you help them if you have never experienced hardship in your life?

Sis. Listen. It's painful, trust me I know this but you can't keep asking for it to disappear. Ask for strength to get through it. Ask for victory and pray for deliverance. Ask for guidance and His direction in this storm but don't sit and complain.

You'll thank God you went through what you went through because of all the people you helped.

Trials create testimonies. Testimonies save, heal, encourage, and deliver souls.

God doesn't like seeing His children suffer but He allows us to go through things so we can mature in Him. He cares about our character and hearts after the trial.

-etty