John 4:14 ESV

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." ESV

To get water from a well, you need to lower a bucket then pull it up. This process will be repeated every time you want water from the well. But the water Jesus promises will be a permanent spring within us.

If your well is grades, you will thirst again. You will never be satisfied and will keep longing for more and more. If your well is money, you will thirst again. You will never have enough and will keep longing for more. If your well is relationships, you will thirst again.

But if your fountain is Jesus, you will never thirst again. If your source of joy is Christ, your joy will be eternal. If your source of love is Christ, you will never feel unloved again. If you source of strength is Christ, you will never crumble to your adversity.

Things of this world are temporary. We may be in this world, but we're not of this world. There's a God-sized hole in everyone's heart that nothing in this world can fill no matter what and as children of God, we shouldn't let any worldly thing take the pace God has in our lives.

So let Jesus be the only spring you wholeheartedly depend on because He's the only one that can make you whole.

Prayer:

Dear Father, thank You for being my eternal source of life. I pray that I will wholeheartedly put my trust in You, knowing that when I do, I will never go thirsty again. I pray that I will put You first always and never let anything take the place You have in my life. In Jesus Name, Amen.