Isaiah 26:3

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind stays on You,
Because he trusts in You.

Peace? I don't know about you but lately, that word hasn't been in my vocabulary, with so much tension in our world and so many unknowns about our future. I wrestle with anxious thoughts and what-ifs at times.

I notice that whenever I'm not at peace it's God telling me "You're not focusing on me!"

Whenever I'm worried or anxious it's me focusing on the issue trying to fix or understand it. We can't control our future, we can't control what life does to us, we can't control what people do to us and the bad things that occur but we can control our attitude.

We can choose to look at this world and remain in negativity and worry or we can look to God and have faith, courage and perfect peace.

We have a God who knows the future when everyone is worrying, a God who is sovereign and wiser than anyone on this earth, a God who cares for his people and wants the best for them. We have the advantage of having God's promises in our hearts. We know a truth the world doesn't recognize.

When we keep our mind focused and stayed on God we are promised peace.

I want to encourage you today to repeat the scripture above. During those sleepless nights, repeat God's word to yourself, during those confusing times remember the peace he promises us.

Philippians 4:7
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.