Psalm 119:37

Psalm 119:37
ESV
37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
    and give me life in your ways.

Where is your focus?

The psalmist prays not to look at worthless things which speaks of how we get distracted. We get distracted by things that hardly gain anything in our lives.

But He asks to receive life in God's ways. What is Gods way? Humility, Character, love, responsibility, consistency, discipline.

If God's ways are where we find life then outside God's ways we find death. Procrastination, lying, deception, and prioritising things above God aren't leading to life but are slowly killing your relationship with God and your spiritual life.

Today I encourage you with this verse to go before God and ask Him to help you not be distracted. Ask Him to help you not waste time with useless things. Ask Him to help you not to be preoccupied by things that will destroy you but to rather help you focus on God's ways.

To focus on being a more loving person. To focus on being productive. To focus on serving God. To focus on studying, doing your chores, and being a good sister and classmate.

This is my challenge to you as you read this, that it pushes you to pray and make a decision today not to waste time on social media or doing useless things like comparison but to focus on your what's important.

What guards your spiritual life is doing what is important.

-etty