James 1:17

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."

  ~James 1:17

Comment:

Our God is good! Our God is pure! Our God is light and in Him there is no darkness! We are so fortunate that He has seen fit to allow us to have a relationship with Him even though we have defiled by sin. There is no evil in Him and He has not been altered by the effects of time. God has always remained the same even though the world has and still is continually changing.

James is right. There is nothing defiled or tainted in anything God does or gives to us. He is completely pure. He does things for us at just the right time and at the right place, and although we may feel like God doesn't move fast enough according to our taste, He will always deliver right when He knows we are ready.

When we think of receiving a blessing or gift from God, we often think we can imagine the exact proportions and dimensions of said blessing. But in actuality, our brains can't even comprehend the magnitude of God's blessings for us. When He says that He will bring blessings to us and we begin to imagine what our lives will be like, our minds are blown and astounded when God's promises come true! His plans and gifts ALWAYS take the throne over our own imaginings. We can't even begin to process the enormity of what God is capable of doing for us!

~Lily