Psalm 92:7-8; 12-15

"Though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction forever...The righteous flourish like a palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bear fruit in old age, they are ever full of sap and green, to declare the Lord is upright; he is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in him."
        Psalm 97:7-8; 12-15

COMMENT:
In this one chapter, two different comparisons are made. The difference between the two outcomes of the wicked and the righteous.

What I thought was interesting was how the writer says that though the wicked seem to flourish, they will only flourish for A TIME and then will be destroyed FOREVER.

But in the next part, it also says the righteous will also flourish. Like a palm tree. They are planted in the house of the Lord and EVEN in their old age, they are EVER full of sap and green. They will EVER declare that the Lord is upright.

You see, in the Psalms, it talks a lot about the flourishing of the wicked and the flourishing of the righteous. But guess what the final verdict is? In EVERY instance where it talks about the wicked seeming to be the victors, it's ALWAYS turned around on them. The righteous of the Lord ALWAYS win!

The wicked were and are only created for A MOMENT. One second they're here and the next, they're gone.

So don't let the MOMENTARY victory of the wicked distract you. Your victory will be FOREVER. YOUR life will be eternal!

lilyflower1603 (Lily)