6 (S)

__________

So, cut through the heart,

Cold, and clear.

Strike for love, and

Strike for fear.

__________

"Yes, sir," I resign. He holds my face softly in his hands, and his sudden change in mood leads me to think that he has something sinister planned for me.

Well, something more sinister than the metal collar around my neck. 

It weighs heavy, as I control my shaking fingers to abide by his rules to not move without his permission. The metal feels colder to my skin, despite the chilly air in this room. My breath forms a fleeting white cloud in front of me as I exhale shakily.

"Okay then," Kayden says, breaking me out of my thoughts. He leans into me, his breath fanning my ears, "...stop breathing."

He moves back, a smirk plastered on his face. My eyes widen. What the fuck is wrong with this psycho? 

He wants to assert his authority on me. He wants to make me realize that his word could make me kill myself.

Maybe that's what I need to make him believe.

My mind plays along with a plan as I try to figure what Kayden wants from me. I try to draw a small breath that is followed by a patronizing comment. 

I need to make him believe that he controls me.

I pause my breathing, my eyes fake-pleading a release. He chuckles, and I hold my nose and lips with my fingers, trying not to draw air in. My legs give way, pain shooting up my knees. My heart starts thumping in my ears, the lack of air pressing pain in my chest. This is getting more difficult to handle.

I roll my eyes back into my head and achingly fall onto the hard floor with a clang from my collar and the sound of crinkling cellophane, and I try not to flinch. My body subconsciously tries to take sharp breaths, but I will myself to take deeper ones, not revealing my act to Kayden.

I hear a deep chuckle from Kayden, a callous hand caressing my cheek. He kisses my neck, kissing and inching lower as he reached my breasts, his hot breath fanning the sensitive area as his hand touches my bra-covered nipple, kissing the valley.

Does he know I was faking it?

I try to keep my breaths steady as his hands wrap around my hips. He picks me up and lays me on the spring mattress. My act's getting tougher to maintain, but I almost sigh when I feel him leave my side.

"Soon Sierra, you'll beg me to let you become mine," Kayden's voice bellows in the empty room, my heartbeat shooting up. Soon, I hear the door clang shut, followed by his retreating footsteps on the stairs.

I stir on the mattress, my eyes not opening in case he's watching me. The cold air feels uncomfortable, but not freezing. He wants me to submit to him. It has been over a week since I have been with him, and I kinda think that my resistance gets him off. He needs to believe that he can trust me, and maybe, just when he trusts me enough...

I'll escape.

"You'll fall into your own facade"...yada-yada, I know. But I trust myself enough to not like him. I will hate him with every fiber of my being till the very end.

*****

Goosebumps form on my skin as an itch in my throat settles. I need water. I probably need food, but I'm too cold to feel hunger. My breaths are getting shakier, the white fog exiting my mouth seems to have gotten denser, as I lose perception of the hours I have been in this room. My lips are chapped, and the ends of my fingers are the slightest shade of violet. The metal collar around my neck is secure, the chain bolted heavily to the wall. There are no chances of escape from here. I can't even reach the bucket which I assume is for relieving myself, but I stopped trying to reach there when my legs started to feel rubbery from the cold and the exertion. Sure, I felt normal at first, but the temperature seems to have dropped phenomenally lower in the past few hours. 

And now, I'm laying on my mattress, my body curled into the smallest ball I can muster, my teeth chattering with need and my limbs shaking slightly. 

Being in your underwear when it's thirty degrees does not help. 

I close my eyes, the darkness feels more welcoming than the creepily lighted basement. My mind seems to have shut down, too tired to think about escape, Kayden, or even my sister. The metal around my neck seems warmer now, more inviting to submission than before. 

Submission.

Submit.

Submit.

Submit.

Submit, Sierra!

A voice echoes in my mind. I know what I have to do to get out of here. To not die of hypothermia. I need to submit.

Trick that fucker.

Well, that's more reasonable.

"Kayden..." I exhale shakily, trying to appear more desperate than I originally felt. I hope that my captor was listening from somewhere, probably training his fingers on a thermostat that brought me into this cold. I sit up, wrapping my arms around my folded legs.

"Sir..." I speak a little louder, clearing my throat for effect, "I submit to you, sir. Please, please...I won't try to escape. I'm sorry," I cry out, choking on a sob. I wait for some minutes, the stiffness in my body making me drop to the floor. After some more time, real tears stuck on my cheeks, the reality of my situation hitting me. My eyes flutter shut, and I experienced unfamiliar warmth embracing me. My tense muscles relax, and my mind stops thinking.

Author's Note:

Is it just me, or is it getting really cold in here? *shivers* 

I have dedicated this chapter to @-velvetkiss , since they were my first vote. Thank you so much!

Guys, I have my college entrance exam tomorrow, so wish me luck! I hope I get in somewhere great, so I can write more frequently since there are almost two months for college to start.

Yay! I feel so adult-like. This shit is scary. Being an adult is scary.

Show some sugar to the little star there! 

I'm waiting for it.

I'm waiting...

.

.

Thank you for voting! <3

I will now publish a new chapter every Tuesday and Saturday, so stay tuned!