17 (S)

_________

Said all I want from you

Is to see you tomorrow,

And every tomorrow

Maybe you'll let me borrow your heart...

_________

"Oh?" I question, my eyes widening.

"Yes, Sierra, I will be your plus-one. Now, let's go, we'll be late," he says and goes out of his condo, holding open the door.

"Oh-kay," I say, hurrying out.

"Did you take your car here?"

I shake my head, "No, I rented an Uber."

"Good, we'll take my car, then," he states, entering the elevator and pressing the button to get to the basement.

"I'm sorry, uh, Liam, but what are we doing?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Consider this...an extension of the interview. But this time, I will be the one asking the questions. I want to get to know you as well as you know me," he says, and the elevator dings open.

"I don't know know you. I just know your company, your professional personality. Not your personal life. I don't think there's any need to inte-"

"Okay, then. I don't need to know about your professional life, but I sure want to know you. For every question I ask, you can ask one, too," he says and walks. I nod, following him.

"Would you- I mean- Are you doing this so we could be ... friends?" I ask and he smirks, opening a door and descending down a couple of steps.

"Is that a prospect too hard to believe, Sierra?" He asks and extends his hand to lead me down the stairs, making me gulp.

"Ah- no. I would love to be your friend," I reply, taking his hand. I look around to see dozens of cars, and my eyes wander, "Which one is yours?" I ask him.

"The Tesla and the Bentley," he replies, clicking a button on the keys and the Tesla's door ascending. "Shall we?"

"Of course, Mr. Merrell," I reply, going towards the car and sitting down in the passenger seat.

He sits in the driver seat, pressing down on the microphone button on the steering wheel, "Show directions for Masa," he announces.

*****

"I had never ridden in a Tesla before," I confess as Liam hands the key to the valet.

"I guessed that when the car moved without me pressing on a gas pedal. And your eyes jumped out of your sockets," he mocks and I smile sarcastically.

"Way to make fun of me," I reply. He pouts playfully. "Why are you making that face?" I ask him.

"Never mind me, Sierra," he says. We walk up to the gate of the restaurant and enter to be greeted by a front desk lady.

"Reservation for two by Mrs. Emily Black," he says, making her nod. She looks up and gestures to a waiter who comes next to us, "Right this way, please."

He sets us down on a table and I look up at the menu he hands us. I almost open it, but Liam's hand snatches it out of my grip.

"Nuh-uh. I'll order for you. I've been here a thousand times. Are you okay with that?" he says, leaning forward.