14(S)

__________

You set fire to my world, 

Couldn't handle the heat. 

Now I'm sleeping alone, and I'm starting to freeze.

 Baby, come bring me hell,

 Let it rain over me,

Baby, come back to me.

__________

*The whole song, basically.*

My heart beats erratically as I sit up in my bed, looking towards the ceiling. My body is sweaty and my breaths are shallow. I am panicking, and the only one who knows about my panic attacks hasn't talked to me in months.

He didn't even see me after I returned.

My sleep was interrupted by a nightmare about Kayden, about how disappointed he was in me because I had betrayed him. He said he wouldn't punish me this time, as he didn't even care anymore. I cried. I groveled at his feet to whip me, hit me; to do anything to erase the disappointment he had in me. He shook his head and locked me in my room, telling me that I would never see his face again.

When I woke up, my lungs contracted. Even now, my breaths are shallow, almost non-existent. My vision blurs and clears, but barely hanging in there. I look towards the digital clock on the corner table, and it shows that it's six in the evening. I took a nap. Kayden's...

Right.

...not here to be angry at me. Tears run down my cheeks as my mind wanders back to my nightmare, and my chest aches even more. I need Kayden. I need someone to comfort me. 

I faintly hear a voice in the room, a hand on my hand, an arm around my back. Someone's here.

"Kayden..." I whisper, wrapping my arms around the figure in front of me and closing my blurry eyes. I feel some words barely invading the ringing in my ears, but a hand continues to stroke my back. Slowly, my breaths return, my chest inflating and deflating rhythmically. I open my eyes and see my hands holding onto a ginger-headed boy.

Lee.

"Lee!" I yell, enveloping him tighter. I hear him chuckle, and he wraps his arms around me. 

"Era..." he replies, using a name I so desperately hated for myself. He strokes my hair, pulling me tighter against himself. "I'm so sorry, E, I didn't even...I'm sorry," he apologizes and chokes up, making me pull back. His bright blue eyes are welled up with tears, making me frown.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I didn't even know, Sierra. I have been gone to my cousin in London since the day we had that miserable fight. I had a few calls from Caroline, but I didn't even...fuck, I didn't even pick them up because I was angry at you! I so fucking hate myself, I shouldn't have left you that day. I should have gone with you to the club and protected you. You wouldn't have even met that motherfucker if I had been there with you!" Lee yells at the end, making me fiddle with my fingers and breathe heavily.

You made him angry, Sierra.

Don't you see that he's mad because you weren't capable enough to take care of yourself?

Bad girl, Sierra. You are useless.

I am a bad girl.

I am useless, master, I'm sorry.