31(L)

__________

You're one of the few things that I am sure of.

You're one of the few things that I know already,

 I could build my world of.

__________

"Hey, are you okay, my friend?" I hear a distant voice, and I stagger awake.

"M-Matteo?" I say, groaning from the pain in my head.

"Oui, mon ami," he chuckles, extending a hand to help me up.

"Monseiur, c'est Alaister. Monsieur Danes nous a appel-" a man beside him speaks.

"Tais-toi! Ne vois-tu pas..." he gestures dramatically between me and himself. "Ensuite," he says firmly, making the man nod.

I don't understand French. He might have just told the person that he'll kill me, but I don't care.

"How are you here?" I ask, confused from the discussion.

"You drove a Tesla. I have the location on there, and I had the inkling again, thought you might need help, no?"

"I did, apparently," I murmur, scratching my head.

"Where is your woman?" he asks.

"Where am I?" I ask, making him laugh. "You were knocked out, Mr. Merrell, dragged into the upper floor of this house. I saw my car outside the house, and my men and I entered. I would not have come if it was not you," he says, laughing. "But, I am happy I did. There are the men," he gestures to a tied up and unconscious pair at the corner of the living room. 

"Oh- where's-"

"I am right here, Liam. But they won't let me go to-" he struggles in the grip of a large man, "Sierra!" he utters, thrashing.

"We need to get her."

"I-" he stops hearing distant footsteps on the stairs. "Act unconscious," he instructs, bringing my hands behind me, "keep them together," he says. I go along with his words, confused, but trusting.

"Bring them downstairs," I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

"Get up," I hear a whisper in my ear, and two of Matteo's men grip my arms, hoisting me up.

"Won't he know that they're not...them?" I gesture at the unconscious form.

"We have guns, don't we? We'll save your woman, oui?" he says, patting my shoulder.

"How--why are you doing this, Matteo?"

"Consider it a favor to be returned," he says, smirking. "I plan to expand my business in the States, Liam, and I hope I will have your support when I do so," he completes, making me sigh.

"I thought you would ask me to kill someone," I say, and he chuckles, "but of course, you will have my full support," I complete, making him nod.

"Here's your gun," he says, handing it to me, "Protect yourself, your friend, and your woman. I will see you back in New York," he smiles.

He leaves the home through the front door, and his men keep me in their tight grips and we stagger down the stairs.

As we enter the damp room, I see Sierra tied up, but her gag pulled down and Killian whispering something in her ear, her torso almost covered by him in the view. She nods, resigning to something, and he chuckles.