13(S)

__________

I never thought how much I needed you,

I think I'm lost without you.

__________

"If you don't wanna tell me, don't! God, Sierra! It's been weeks, and the last time I heard from you was a week ago when you asked me for permission to go to the restroom?!" Caroline throws her hands up, and I flinch backward. She notices, and her eyes soften. I keep my eyes trained on the ground, fiddling with my fingers. "Oh, honey," she says, wrapping me in her arms.

I stiffen, my arms going rigid. This is not Kayden. A display of affection is not a prologue to a punishment.

I hesitantly wrap my arms around her torso, the human contact feeling abnormal...and warm.

"I m-missed you, C-Care," I say, my words uttered without any permission, my eyes squeezing shut, bracing a punishment.

Kayden's not here.

Right. Caroline won't punish me.

"Oh, I missed you so much Sierra," she replied, tightening the hug. Tears run down my cheek as I realize that Kayden's not going to punish me anymore. He won't collar me. He's not my master anymore.

Happy tears?

Probably not.

Yes, he punished me, but only when I was out of line. He loved me all the more. I miss his arms around my body. I miss the warmth he gave me.

I miss Kayden. Over the last three weeks, I haven't stepped outside my home. After she told the police that I was home, two officers came to me to ask about Kayden. 

Flashback:

"I tried to hold them off, but the detectives came to ask you some questions," Caroline says, and I nod.

"Okay, then. You can come in," she continues, holding open the door to my room. "She hasn't gotten out of her room, so if you are comfortable..."

"Yes, ma'am. We'll talk to her here, yes?" the female officer says, smiling gently towards me. I smile back but lower my eyes onto the ground.

"Would it be okay if we talk to her alone, ma'am?" the male officer asks Caroline.

"I don't know. Sierra? Can these nice detectives talk to you alone, or should I stay?" 

"It'll be okay, ma- Caroline," I stutter. 

"Okay, then. I'll be outside. Holler if you need me," she says, leaving the door open. The female officer closes the door and it clicks shut, making me cower back into the bed.

"Hi, my name's Liz, and I am a detective with the Boston Police Department. Your sister talked with me several times regarding you disappearance, " she says, coming towards me and sitting on my bed, "is it okay if I sit here?"

"Yes, ma'am," I reply, fiddling with my fingers as I look at them.

"Call me Liz, Sierra," she says kindly, "would it be comfortable for you to look at me?"

I nod, "yes, m- Liz," I say and look upwards, her kind, deep blue eyes looking into me.

Studying me.

"Hey, I'm Adam. I am Liz's partner," the male detective says, crouching next to me on the floor of my bed. "Would it be okay if we ask you some questions? Only Liz can ask them, too, I could go and have a coffee," he smiles.