"Sad Little Duckling"

Hello
Ĕ̈m̆̈ŏ̈j̆̈ĭ̈ ŏ̈f̆̈ t̆̈h̆̈ĕ̈ D̆̈ă̈y̆̈:̆̈ 🦩

Tw: Sadness Overload!
—————————————

Narrator's POV~
Sam woke up at seven in the morning, thinking of what to make for breakfast. He got up and walked to the kitchen walking past Puffy who was past out on the couch. Sam was pulled into his thoughts that he didn't notice Puffy standing at the kitchen entrance.

"Sam." The man jumped by the sudden voice and look up. "Oh, what's up Puffy?" Sam continued on with breakfast. "Are you ok?" "Oh yeah, I'm just thinking." Sam then answered.

"Well what are you thinking of?" Puffy said while grabbing a coffee mug. "Well Tubbo is now in school, but Tommy isn't. So I was thinking of signing him up for school." Puffy nodded and continued making coffee.

~with da children~

Tommy woke up to some sort of wet substance on his face. "WALTER!" Tommy yelled once he noticed Walter was licking his face. The boy sat up and saw Tubbo laughing at him. "Good morning Tommy!" Tubbo smiled happily. Tommy hummed and got up walking down the stairs.

Tubbo followed along and watched him take a cup. "Mornin boys, what's the cup for?" Puffy said. "Oh nothing!" Tubbo raised his eyebrows and continued following. Tommy filled the cup with water and went back upstairs to the air mattress.

He slowly started pouring cold water on the sleeping boys which made them jump awake. "Morning guys!" Tubbo yelled laughing at what Tommy did. "Tommy... good morning I guess." Purpled mumbled grabbing dry clothes from his bag. "Well that woke me up." Ranboo laughed being in a good mood.

As everyone got ready they headed back down. "Hey boys." Sam said. They all sat down and began eating their food. "So Tommy... I'm signing you up for school." Tommy almost choked and looked up. "Wha-" Tubbo laughed and patted the boy on his back. "Don't worry Toms, I'm also somehow going to school." Tubbo said laughing.

After everyone ate Tommy let Walter roam around the backyard. As Walter chased squirrels Tommy sat on the porch watching the birds fly. "Hey Toms, are you ok?" Puffy said placing a hand on Tommy's shoulder. "Yeah.... just thinking." "What are you thinking about?" Tommy took a deep breath and sighed.

"Will people bully me for having a service dog." Puffy made a small noise of guilt. "Tommy, I may not tell the future but I for sure know people will look at you from a distance and think how cool you are." Tommy smiled and looked up again. "Do you think birds get bullied by other birds?" The boy looked over to the woman.

"I'm sure they do, here let me tell you a story." Puffy took a deep breath and started talking. "There once was this mother duck, yet she had no children... I mean her eggs haven't hatched yet. She waited every single day waiting for at least one crack. And then it happened... the eggs started hatching one by one. Except for one. That egg was larger and more darker." Puffy got cut off by Tommy.

"What's wrong with that egg?" The boy had a hint of confusion in his voice. "Hold on, let me finish the story." The boy nodded and continued watching the birds fly.

"The ducklings that already hatched were begging to go to the pond. But the mother made them wait. She told them that she would love them all equally. Then the bigger egg started cracking. A bird popped out, but it didn't look like a duck. It was a bit bigger and had a bigger beak. The ducklings called its face ugly. The mother took all her ducklings to the pond but left the 'ugly' one. The ugly duckling became sad and went to the pond. All the ducks bullied him and called him one name only. 'Ugly Duckling' was all they said.

The duckling eventually ran away and was lost. He adventured high and low not finding anywhere to stay. Soon he found a different pond. A pond full of geese. The geese looked like the duckling, such big features, such scrawny feathers and such weird faces. They accepted the ugly duckling as their own. The geese and the ugly duckling started making fun of the other ducks. And that's how the ugly duckling made a new family."

Tommy looked down frowning. "But, why were they so mean?" Puffy patted Tommy on the back. "That's for them to know and not us, now come on. We need to order you an uniform." The two got up signaling for Walter to go with them. And they went to order school things, not worrying about bullies anymore.

—————————————————
Word Count- 805

Just deleted a small useless A/n that was here (:
(For those who were wondering if they got an update notification^^)