𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐚𝗺, 𝐍𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝗼𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚
     𝐋𝐞𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐞

I walked inside the house, making my way towards the living room where I knew my grandma would be. There I seen her sitting on the couch looking at tv, she looked up once seen me.

"Wassup ma" I said walking over to her giving her a hug. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. "Hey, my baby"

I walked over towards the couch and took a seat, I shook my head as I seen Sanford and Son playing on the TV.

Every since I was little I'd always come in here seeing it on and she'll always make me stay to watch it with her.

"You always watching this..." I said, I reached for the remote but snatched my hands back as I felt a smack land on them.

"Don't come in here changing my channel boy" My grandmother said, I chuckled and shook my head.

"What brings you by?" My grandmother asked.

"I'm just checking in on you" I said looking at her, she smiled. "See how you was doing, you know ian' been over here in a minute"

"Yeah well now, who fault is that Paris?" My grandmother asked, I grinned and shook my head already knowing how she was finna start.

"All you do is run them streets and work. I call you, tell you we having family dinner and you don't never come" My grandmother said looking at me.

"Ahh" I said chuckling as she eyed me.

"I'm serious LeParis" she said, I looked at her and shook my head before looking at the TV.

"Aight, you done Shannon?" I asked, I blocked myself as I seen her take off one of her slippers before throwing it at me. "Paris, I am not finna be playing with you!"

"Chill" I said laughing, I bent down and grabbed the slipper. "I just playing ma"

"I'm not playing" My grandmother said shaking her head. "You know you can start coming to these dinners"

"Nah, I can't" I said shaking my head, she looked at me.

"Why is that?" she asked.

"Ian' tryna get into all of that right now..." I said shaking my head. I continued watching TV ignoring my grandmother as I felt her eyes on me.

Growing up my grandmother was the only mother figure I had. After the passing of my pops she was the only family that every took me in, she raised me and treated me like I was her own. All the times I needed discipline and someone to talk to she was the one I could always count on. She made sure I was straight, even when times were getting rough she never left me and I was grateful for that.

Even throughout all of our family, she knew that she was the only one I ever had. It showed beyond all the things she provided me with. The roof she kept over my head and the food she feed me with. Those things to me was something that I felt like she did because she had to but she showed me that it wasn't—it was something that she wanted to. It was real genuine love that she showed me and if I could I'd show her the same back and more but I couldn't.

"Paris" I heard my grandmother call out, I shook my head before looking over at her. "Baby, you know I love you"

"We all love you" she said, I looked back at the TV and nodded. "Yeah"

"How have you been?" My grandmother asked.
"Have you been getting better?"

"I'm aight, ain't too much has changed. I'm getting a lil better at going ta bed tho" I said. My mind drifted off to the couple of times I was with Euphoria and I found myself getting actual sleep.