Caroline Forbes

plot: telling lizzie about her first love
!TW!: mention of falling out of love, feeding, katherine killing caroline, baby vamp caroline, death, being re-alived

3rd pov:
~

"Mom, have you ever been in love. Besides with Stefan?" Lizzie asks flopping down on the couch. Lizzie was visiting for a mental break while Joe stayed at the school. "...Yeah. I have." Caroline sighed and Lizzie perked up. "Tell me about him." The blonde siphoner said getting into full gossip mode. "A young Y/n L/n. Some said she looked just like her mother." Caroline admitted and Lizzie gasped, "But she could never love someone's son. Cheerleading team. She loved more than just cheering for the game." "Then what happened?" "I the end of the sophomore year she said she wanted to be my wife at an altar." Caroline reminisced as a single tear fell on each of her cheeks. "Then what happened, Mom?" Elizabeth asked carefully. "This went to shit in Mystic Falls. Stefan and Damon came. We fell out of love. I got killed by Katherine. Then on a rampage not knowing the extent of my newfound blood lust I killed her. I fed until there was nothing left to eat. She's dead, and I killed her." Caroline said more tears falling. "I'm sorry for asking," Lizzie said pulling her mother into a hug. "It's okay, honey. You didn't know." Caroline said. The duo than just decided to have a lazy day.

-

About halfway through the lazy day Josie called. "Hey, Jo." Lizzie smiled at her twin through the phone. "You'll never guess what just happened," Josie said with pure excitement lacing her voice. "What happened, bug?" Caroline asked from the other side of the couch. "I just gave a tour to the cutest girl!" The brunette squealed. "What'd she look like?" The blonde twin asked. "She has the brightest y/e/c, y/h/l /y/h/c that just looks so perfect on her. She's y/h(your height). She is so perfect. But I don't she's from around here, she kept asking all these weird questions about the town." Josie ranted before shrugging. "...What's her name?" Caroline asked being a little apprehensive. "Y/n L/n." Her daughter sighed dreamily and Lizzie and Caroline shared a look. Caroline quickly snatched the phone from her blonde daughter, "Josie, we have to go. Do not. And I repeat DO NOT, get too close to this girl." Caroline said sternly, not giving Josie a chance to explain before hanging up. "We have to get to Mystic Falls." "I couldn't agree more, mom."

~~~~~~