The Christmas DA

Arianna POV

The DA had been going smoothly and we learnt a lot of spells and hexes. Harry was a brilliant teacher. Dad had not contacted us through the fireplace anytime now. We all thought that he was safe and hiding in a proper place. Today was the last meeting of the term before we all break out for Christmas break. Something was going on between Harry and Cho. Harry has been staring at her at every meeting and it has been breaking my heart, piece by piece. Yes, I liked Harry Potter. I might even love him. But he doesn't like me in that way. He stares at Cho with love and affection. I can see it in his eyes. On the other hand, me and Ginny have become good friends. Yep, she told me that she kinda had a crush on Neville. Good for her. They both look cute as well.

We were in the Room Of Requirement practising on our Patronus. Hermione had got it. As usual. Her Patronus was an otter. Her favourite animal, she had told me. I was still trying on getting my Patronus. All I could get was wisps which were becoming stronger. I tried again and this time my memory was imagined, like Me and Harry kissing, him telling me I love you and me telling it back to him. I shouted, "Expecto Patronum!" and suddenly it came. It was... a doe? What? My favourite animal was a Cheetah! It did not make sense! Harry exclaimed,"Look, Ari's got it as well!" Everyone turned and looked at me and then started congratulating me. Mione came up to me and asked if the doe was my favourite animal. "Not really," I replied "but I love it anyway."

So after that Harry dismissed us and well me and Ginny went up to the common room when I suddenly realised that I had forgotten my coat in the Room of Requirements. I told Ginny to go on and went back to the Room to take my coat. Expecting no one to be there, I barged in like I owned the place. Wrong mistake. Harry and Cho jumped apart like they had been electrocuted. "Sorry." I whispered. "I just came to get my coat."

I took my coat that was lying on the floor and ran out of the door. Tears were rapidly filling up my eyes and I could not hold it any longer. I just plopped down on the floor and just started crying. It was so painful, whoever said that someone who doesn't bother about you isn't worthy of your tears is right. But I couldn't help it, Harry was worth my tears. I loved him, I was so silly. He clearly likes Cho. "Shit." I whispered as I heard someone coming this way. I just hoped that he or she would not see me at all.

But luck was not on my side. He noticed me. Malfoy. "You pathetic scum, I am a prefect and I have the rights to take away point from your house, lets see 5 points from gry- Arianna?"

"Just don't say anything, please." I blubbered through my tears.

"What? Who did this to you?" Malfoy asked, sitting down next to me.

"Why do you care, Malfoy?" I asked. "Just go away, please."

"I care about family, which ever house they are in, tell me who did this to you?" Malfoy asked, softly.

"No one. Please." I cried out. "Just please go."

"Was it Potter? Tell me. His friends?" He asked.

"It wasn't him." I cried out even harder, imagining Harry and Cho kissing again.

"It was him, wasn't it?" Malfoy said. "I'm going to beat him up, hex him, yeah?"

For some reason, this made my laugh a bit. Draco Malfoy helping me, Arianna Black. Maybe he was not as cruel as I see everyday. Maybe it was okay to tell him about what I felt for Harry, after all, he was family.

"I love him, Malfoy. I love Harry and he likes Cho out of all people. Cho! God, what have I turned into? A love sap! And I'm telling you about all of this that happened!"

He was quiet for a few seconds. "You love him, so make him notice you! I'll even help you."

"How?" I asked in a quiet voice. "How do I make him notice me?"

"Make him jealous, that's all." He replied back, laughing. "I would help you with that, but I'm your cousin, so that really wouldn't work out."

"You sure that would work?" I asked, unsure of this.

"I'm a guy, I would know. He would be jealous and he'll tell you that he likes you too."

"What bullshit!" I laughed. "Harry doesn't like me, he likes Cho."

"Only you are blind and he is clueless. He looks at you like how Weasely looks at a pie. With love."

"Your joking." I asked, dead serious.

"I'm not, but if you don't believe me, try it out. Make him jealous."

"Okay. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you. Your a good cousin."

"Only to people I like, cous."

"Well, I better get back before someone decides to dock points off of Gryffindor."

"Want me to drop you off?" Malfoy asks with concern.

"No thanks, Malfoy."

"Call me Draco, cousin. We are family and family shood stil together."

"Good Night, Draco."

"Good night, Arianna."

I got up and dusted off my coat ad walked away. That talk with Malfoy really helped me. Oops, I meant Draco. It would be weird calling him Draco, though.

I quickly went back to Gryffindor Tower and gave the password to the Fat Lady, who immediately allowed me in. Inside I saw, Harry, ROon and Hermione in the Common Room.

"Hey, where were you? I asked Ginny and she said that you went back to take your coat? Even Harry reached before you and he was snogging Cho!" Ron said.

"I actually saw that. I mean I went to the washroom and Stacy Collins from Hufflepuff was there as well so we just started chatting and time just passed. So, I'm actually tired so I'll just go to bed. Night everyone." I said, quickly running up the girl's dorms.

Reaching my room I quickly opened it and went inside, changed and slipped into my bed. The last thought I had before sleeping was "I need to make Harry James Potter jealous."