A Visit from Lolita Black

Arianna's POV

It was summer again. After my previous year, I needed some peace and time out to myself. I was in my old house, with mum and dad. Back in Wolverhampton. I felt weird calling them mum and dad when both my real mum and dad were dead. Dead. It felt weird saying that. I had just met with my real dad to be taken away from me. I was just staring out of my window, and looking at the rare vehicle passing on the roads.

I noticed a flying object and it weirdly looked like a person on a broomstick. No way, no-one would come over here, right? I was mentally and physically exhausted and really needed a break from the wording world. Man and I thought that high school was hard.

My suspicions were right. It was Tonks, coming on a broomstick. What the? I hurriedly went down the stairs and opened the door. I stood on my lawn and looked at Tonks coming closer and closer. Pretty soon, she landed on my lawn.

"Tonks!" I shouted and ran to hug her. "Why are you here?" I asked but then corrected myself. "I mean, not that I mind, but really, what are you doing here?"

Tonks laughed. "I know Annie." We started walking towards the house. "We're recruiting you."

"What?" I almost shouted, opening the door. "Come in, mom and dad are out."

"Thanks." She said, putting her broomstick down, and following me. We went up the stairs and into my room, which was average size.

"Wow." Tonks said, looking around. "Room's good!" She said, showing a thumbs up. "You're changing the topic, Nymphie." I said, sitting down on my bed. "Come on, sit. Tell me what's going on."

Tonks sat down on the bed, facing me. "You told us about what you heard, and well Dumbledore and most of the order feels it best that you join the order to protect Harry." I went to interrupt but she continued. "I know, maybe you don't want to, but it's your destiny to do this. You are quarter veela, after all. Those veela powers would help us."

"What powers?" I countered. "I haven't got any."

"Well, Veelas have the capability to charm anyone, and their magic is stronger than most individuals. It could explain why you grasped the concepts of Magic so quickly." Tonks shrugged and continued. "Quarter veelas are rare, they are mostly full veelas or half veelas. That's kind of why, you could have some hidden powers. Maybe again."

I was definately surprised. What was Tonks talking about? She was nuts now, definitely.

"Okay, Tonks!" I said, to get off the topic. "Should we leave now?"

"Yes, if you can pack your belongings. Should I help?" Tonks shrugged. "You know, magic?"

"Yes please!" I said, relieved. "I am a lousy packer."

She waved her wand and suddenly my trunk opened and my clothes came out of there and began to pack itself. I seriously love magic.

After a while, I was ready and called my mom.

"Hey, mom?"

"Yes, blue?" She sounded busy. She never fails to call me blue though. It's apparently because when I was adopted, I was wearing a blue dress.

"Mom, I have to go."

"Oh." She paused. I knew she wanted me to stay a bit longer. "Okay, hun. Write a letter once or twice." She teased me. "Forgotten mom, huh?"

"I'll write mom." I said, tears already in my eyes. "Tell dad too, yea?"

"Of course." She said, sounding chocked up. "Stay safe, blue."

"Yea mom. Always."

I disconnected the call and looked at Tonks. Her eyes were filled with pity. She offered her hand to me and as I took it, I felt a pull in my stomach and woosh, I was gone.