Ollivanders

Arianna POV

Harry took me to the small shop at the corner of the street and on the door in peeling gold letters it was written ,"Ollivanders Wand Shop, Maker of Fine Wands Since 382 BC. A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. The shop was narrow and shabby and it felt like I was walking into the 1800's. I felt like i had just entered a strict library and was supposed to keep quiet.

"Mr. Potter? Back so soon?" a soft voice asked.

I jumped and Harry grinned. It looked like he had expected this. "No, Mr.Ollivander. It is not for my wand as you are thinking. She is new and wanted a wand-"

"Say no more Mr.Potter" He replied. It was then he looked at me and I was able to see his eyes. Wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.

"Hello." I said awkwardly.

"Yes, yes." the old man - Mr. Ollivander said. "I have been expecting you dear. Arianna Silver Black isnt it? The last heir of the noble house of Black. Very powerful, bound to be."

"Excuse me?"

"I am Mr. Ollivander as Mr.Potter just said. I remember your father's wand. 12 inches long. Blackwood. Excellent for Charms. But he didn't quite use it for that did he?." He paused a bit. "But on the other hand your mother's wand was excellent for Charms as well. 12 and a quarter inches. Mahogany. But of course it is the wand that chooses the wizard i'm afraid."

Mr.Ollivander was creepy. I now wish Harry was the one getting his wand now. I want to be in his place. He was grinning when I looked at him. That punk. But a hot punk. Wait! What the hell am I thinking. He is NOT hot!

Mr. Ollivander interupted my train of thought. "Show me your wand arm dear." "My wand arm?" I enquired. Harry poked in and said,"Your dominate hand. The hand you are most comfortable with."

"I'm right handed." I replied, thankful to Harry for being there.

The tape was moving on it's own and I wasn't bothered. After all it's magic! "Right then, Miss Black. Try this wand: Oakwood, 12 inches springy, very good for Charms. A kind of similar wand to your father's."

I took the wand and looked at Harry and he took out his wand and did a type of a circuler motion over his head. Feeling foolish, I did the same thing and as I did, Mr Ollivander took away the wand and murmured,"Not quite right is it. Not to worry we'll find a wand for you."

The time went past. A mountain of boxes were on the table and some on the cushion. I wasn't even sure that we would find a wand for me. Harry was patiently waiting while I was running out of patience. Finally Mr Ollivander said,"Dear I think it's best if you went around the shop. The wand would sense your magic and it would come to you. Don't worry dear, we'll find an exquisite wand for you."

I stood up and Harry said he would wait for me outside with Ron and Hermione. I agreed and went around the shop. None of the wands were calling out to me as Mr Ollivander said my chosen one would. Jeez. Then suddenly I could feel a pull. It was like my wand was calling me. I went towards the pull and say a red velvet box. I toom out that box and it seemed to glow. I went back to Mr Ollivander and he gasped once he saw the box. He ran and just looked at the box as I set it on the counter. Then he said," Miss Black, this wand is one of a kind. If you lose this wand I don't think we could ever find a replacement."

He opened the box and I gasped at how beautiful the wand was. Black with intricate carvings and blue flecks here and there. It was a dream wand. Mr Ollivander spoke up,"My dear this wand is made out of beechwood, 11 inches, and the core is a mix of dragon and veela hair. One of a kind. This was Rowena Ravenclaw's wand."

"What? Rowena Ravenclaw's?" I replied shocked. Oh my God. I was astounded. "Yes, Miss Black and upon her death the wand was given back to Ollivander's Wand Shop as requested by her in her will. Use it well."

"I will. I will guard this wand with all my life." I replied. "How much for this wand?" "It's for free, my dear. Rowena Ravenclaw would have wanted the holder of her wand to have her wand for free."

"Thank you so much, Mr Ollivander."

"Your welcome."

As I left the shop I heard Mr Ollivander say,"Be Safe." I'm pretty sure I imagined this and I left the shop to find Harry, Ron and Hermione.

When I found them they were in Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Harry immediately asked me the wand i got and i proudly said,"beechwood, 11 inches, the core is a mix of dragon and veela hair." "A mix? of dragon and veela?. That's very rare." said Hermione. "And that's not all Mione, It's Rowena Ravenclaw's wand!"

Hermione gasped, Ron dropped his spoon and Harry coughed. I laughed and Hermione said,"Really? could you perhaps show us the wand?"

"Sure Mione!" I took the wand out of my pocket and Mione gasped at it's beauty. Harry looked kinda sad. I thought of asking about it later. Ron asked,"hey Ari, do you want an Ice-Cream? I'm getting another one anyways." "Sure Ron! I'll come with you."

Harry POV

When she told me that it was Rowena Ravenclaw's wand I got very sad. It meant that she had a huge chance of being in Ravenclaw. I wanted her to be in Gryffindor. When she looked at me, my heart fluttered. I know it's stupid but I think i like her. When she went with Ron to get her Ice-cream, I turned to Mione and said,"I think I like her." Mione looked at me surprised and said,"You like Arianna?"

"Yes." I said impatiently. "Could you tell me what to do Mione?"

"I could but not now." Mione said."She could hear what we are talking about. Would it be okay if I told you at night?"

"Sure. In Ron's room?"

"okay."

As soon as i finished talking Arianna and Ron came back laughing and I felt angry at Ron. I felt - jealous of Ron. He could make her laugh. God what is happening to me? I patiently waited for Arianna to finished eating and when she did we all went to find Mrs. Weasely and we all went back home. To the Burrow.

HEY READERS.. IM SO GLAD YOUR READING MY STORY.

LOVE YOU

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

BUT MOST OF ALL......ENJOY :)