Wedding Day

"What cloud do you see?" Winn asked laying next to me on the grass. We were in my backyard just giving a day to ourselves to relax. I had to get him to agree to skip school though, but it was worth it.

"Uhh... Oh! There! A bunny." i yelled pointing to a cloud. "If you squint your yes hard enough, it looks like dong standing." i said as i squinted my eyes.

He did the same and let out a small laugh. "I guess it does." he said. He turned his head to me and i did the same. "Thanks." he randomly said.

"For what?" i asked. I know i've done a lot for him but making him skip school... i wouldn't have guessed that he would thank me for that.

He never answered me. He just looked at me like he was examining me or something. He even had this sweet smile on his face. Like he found something that gave him a reason to smile. He grabbed my hand that was closest to him and intertwined our fingers like he always did.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he had already turned his head to the sky again. "I'm hungry."

I laughed at him and sat up making him do the same. "Well... you're paying this time." i told him. He whined as we stood up and walked the entire time.

✨✨

As we sat in my living room with Big Belly Burger wrapping and the tv played quietly in the background. I took the last sip of my drink and let out the biggest burp i could. "Oh! That.. was awesome." i laughed. "Beat that."

"Hm. Cute." he sarcastically told me. He took a long hard slurp from his drink and we waited for more than 10 seconds. To say the least.. he won. "Oh yeah! That belch was the loudest of all belchs." he bragged.

"Oh get over yourself." i said pushing him back. I got on the couch with him and turned to see the tv showing the main characters having a huge wedding. I laid my head on his shoulder and we just watched as the characters stood there and said their vows. "What do you think my wedding will look like?" i asked.

"Well to be honest... i never saw you as a big wedding person." he said. I looked up at him for more of an answer. "I mean.. If you do get married, i thought it would be something like at a courthouse, or in a backyard with only friends and family. Not like them." he said pointing to the tv.

It now showed how they were at a nice big venue with almost their whole town there. I never really thought about it that much but he was kind of right. To me, that wedding was too much. If i were to get married i'd want it to be small and meaningful. Just me and my significant other. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes.

By the time i woke up it was around 6 pm and the tv had turned black. I felt Winn's light breathing and steady heartbeat. He must have fallen asleep as well. There was no need to wake him up since he was going to be staying for the night in the guest room.

Before i could get up and clean the living room, i felt his arm that was on the couch fall on my side. My heartbeat quickened while his stayed the same. I was feeling all these feelings at once and felt kind of nice. I just wanted to stay there for a moment longer but i couldn't.

✨✨

A few years later i now work with my best friends at a secret government agency that works with aliens and whatnot. It was really cool! I had my own little office that J'ohn gave me and my own cool guns and knifes.

"Winn! Kara! Look! I got more knives!" i cheered running with the box to the front. As i opened the box with my pocket knife i heard them walking to either side of me.

"Oh no. She needs to stop having access to Amazon." Kara joked. I think. I just gave her a smile and went back to my box.

"Ohhhhh. So pretty." i gasped pulling a black thin knife out with a gold and white handle. "Oh dude... you have no idea how amazing this is."