18

*based on the song 18 from One Direction. male sad*

Being 18 was great. You were in High school. Still living with your parents. Falling in love with your one and only..

"Winn! Winn! I got in!" i beamed. I held the acceptance letter from my dream school in my hands as i approached my boyfriend at his after school job. Nothing made me more excited than seeing his face as i told him.

"Wait really? You got in?" he asked coming from around the desk. I nodded my head and kept my wide smile. "Oh my- Yes!" he squealed picking me up and spinning me around. People saw us but.. didn't matter. I got in!

Not much to say about being in you late 20's. Having to go to work, pay bills, save people from dying without people finding out your identity. It's tuff.

"Wait so does this mean we're moving?" he asked putting me back on my feet. He kissed me before going back behind his desk to help a customer.

"Winn.. you know you're going to get into your dream school too right?" i reminded him. I applied to a school all the way in Texas while he applied for one right in our hometown. "When you get in-"

"If.."

"When!" i corrected. "When you get in.. i'll call you every night and morning, visit for the holidays, and send you gifts that remind me of you." i reassured him. She. the customer left i went in and grabbed his hands. "We can do this alright. And you will get into that school."

He rolled his eyes and gave me a kiss on the head. "I love you." he said as his lips were against me. We never said those words yet. And he just did.

I walked around my hometown looking for a certain park i used to go to all throughout my middle school and high school years. Most important place to me.

"Alright.. moment of truth." Winn said. He held his letter from the school in his hands and he was nervous. He kept looking at me as i waited for him to open it. "I meant what i said. If i don't get in.. i'm willing to move with you"

"I know." i said. To be honest.. i didn't want him to go with me. It would make everything seem so real. And i'm not ready for that yet. He smiled and opened his letter. as he read it to himself his expression from nervous turned. "Winn.."

"I uh..." he let out. He rubbed his face and took in a deep breath.

"Winn?"

He didn't speak for a second and just closed his letter. "They said.. that i got in! I'm going to college!" he yelled jumping.

"Oh my go- you gave me a heat attack!" i yelled. I brought him into a hug and couldn't believe it. We were going to college. Like University.

The moment i came in contact with said park.. it was full of parents with their kids having fun. Good. Better to make good memories than bad ones.

I stood under the tree me and Winn would meet up at during lunch last year and hoped he would show up. I didn't tell him i was here but our friends said he comes here a lot now. Maybe it'd be good to surprise him.

Someone's boots crunched in the snow behind me and without thinking i threw a punch behind me and hit someone making them fall. "Ow.." they let out.

I know that voice. "Winn?" i asked. He waved his hand and i immediately regretted what i just did. "Oh my go- i'm so sorry! I thought you were trying to kill me." i said. I helped him up as he held his stomach. When we came face to face we both smiled and held each other. "Hi."