Of Two Minds

We had already found Purity but lost her to Reign sadly. I really thought we were gonna win this one. But as always we have another fight thrown our way. This time it's Pestilence and she's shown what she can do. After making everyone sick at that building and infecting multiple people it was only time before it spread. And then Winn got infected.

"James! Hey, tell him i'm not dying." Winn said happily as James walked in. I gave him a quick hug before standing next to Kara like i was before.

"Hey, James. He's not dying." i said sarcastically as i looked at him. He nodded along.

"We're giving him the legions cure." John told him smiling. And of course James laughed.

"Which by my calculations should have him rebounding in approximately 2.45...3, 4 hours" Brainy said which made me and James look at him confused but relieved he was going to heal soon.

As everyone talked i went to the other side of the room to get my things ready to go ask more questions with Alex. As Brainy asked Winn who scratched him i could tell he was too dazed. "It's Freddy Kruger." i told them turning around.

"You know him too. Eureka!" he exclaimed surely not knowing about a fictional character. Yet Kara told him just in time.

As everyone parted their ways i stayed back to make sure Winn was going to be okay and say bye to James. "Alright well i'll see you later okay?" i asked making sure he knew i was coming back by patting his shoulder softly.

"Yep! Oh...you're so prettyyyy." he laughed and looked at James. "Isn't she beautiful man? I see how you two are related. You're both... really good looking." he signed and rested his eyes on me.

My feelings for Winn had started to grow as he talked about me. I've liked him for a long time but now that he's talking to me like this...i just feel a lot of feelings that i can't describe. "Thank you. Now get some rest." i said as Alex called for me to go ask questions with her.

As James left and said bye to both us, before nudging me, Winn grabbed my hand gently and squeezed it. "Wait. Wait, i..have not told you...how much i lovee you." he sighed. Now i knew he was not thinking straight.

"Well i love you too," i said, though the meaning of mines was hidden. I wanted to tell him that i do love him, genuinely. Just not only as friends. "Buddy."

"No. No, no, no. i mean...i actually love you. i always have and always...will." he dozed off into his sleep. As his grip loosened i finally went with Alex but couldn't stop thinking about what Winn just told me.

                ~~~~~

As soon as i got back to the DEO Winn was still sleeping. Although that's good for him i still wanted him to wake up so i could talk to him. Yet i had to settle for my brother. "And i don't know how i really feel about him James. Like..." i trailed off as i looked at him peaceful asleep. "I really...really love him." i sighed looking away and at James.

"Well you know what you have to tell him soon..." he said looking for an answer. i didn't speak because i was too afraid of what he thought i should do. "Tell him dummy. Tell him you love him. And you know. Maybe he'll say it back." he told me with a smile on his face. "Look i can't tell you how i know this...but i think he feels the same way. Really."

"You're just saying that." i said as i looked back to Winn he was starting to wake up but not looking to good.

"Just a thought. i don't..." he started to say while looking in intense pain. "don't think the cure is working." he struggled. As soon as i got Alex's attention she immediately reacted.

"Oh my god." she let out. She gave him something that she said should stabilize him. "Don't worry." she whispered over to me. I smiled in her direction.