First Day

I stood in front of the mirror wearing a decent outfit for my first day at CatCo. I was wearing a blue shirt with my favorite band name on it and black pants while my shirt was half tucked in. It didn't seem professional at all, but Cat Grant herself told me she wanted me to dress myself. Odd, i know. Of all people i thought she would never say that. "You know what! I should just quit. Save everyone's time." i said aloud picking up my phone ready to call Cat ams end it all.

"No! Stop!" my roommate yelled hopping over the couch and grabbing my phone. I tried to get it back but they holding it up away from my reach. "You have always wanted to work for 'Ms. Media'. Why throw this gift away?" they questioned me.

"Well...i..." i tried to get out. It was difficult to just simply say i was nervous. "I don't know." i quietly said slumping into a bingbag.

"Exactly. If you don't know why you should end it...just don't." they said smiling and handing me my phone back. They put their arm out for me to grab onto which i did. "And plus...you haven't worked in a month and we need to pay rent, like..last week." they laughed as i was finally up on my feet.

"Fine." i groaned and grabbed my bag. "And just to be clear..i'm going for the money. Not because i want to but because i need to." i clearly lied.

"Ha. Whatever you say, babe." they waved me off as they went to get ready for their online job.

                      ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~
As i finally arrived at the building i looked up and it was much bigger than i remembered. Or better yet, remember seeing. Many different people were walking in and out of the building all with serious faces on. Seemed like a normal thing here. As i walked into the building and got on the elevator i hit the button Ms. Grants office was on. My hands began to get sweaty and my stomach felt super weird. "Oh! Wait up!" i heard a voice call out seconds before the door was closing. I luckily caught it in time with my arm.

"Oh. Sorry." i said with a smile as they rushed to the elevator with papers scrambled in their arms. Once they were finally in the elevator the doors closed. "Uh..what floor?" i awkwardly asked pointing to the buttons next to me.

"Oh well...looks like we're going to the same one." he said. His smile seemed so in-captivating and his eyes shined in the dull light. He quickly looked down back to his papers ams started to fix them in his hands.

I looked back to my feet and instead of my mind being on how i'm going to impress Ms. Grant, i was now thinking about this cute stranger. "sorry again." i whispered.

"Huh? Oh. No big deal." he smiled to me. I faintly smiled back. "So are you new here or.." he asked as his papers were fixed a lot better now.

"Yeah. How you know?" i laughed. He pointed to the small cups of coffee in my hands that both had 'Grant' on them. "Oh." i said looking down.

"Yeah. Usually when she asks for two cups...it's not so good." he laughed. "Winn, by the way. Winn Schott." he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

I gladly took it ams shook his hand. "Y/N. Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you Winn." i said. We just sat there shaking each other's hands until the door opened. "So..what do you do here?" I asked him.

"Oh. Well..my desk is right there-thanks- and i usually do the analytics." he said talking to me and thanking the front office woman at the front. I sighed the same paper he sighed and gave a kind smile to the lady. "You?" he asked waiting for me to walk with him.

"Oh. Right. Uh..i'm the new technician/caretaker. I fix and work all her things and even get her things she needs and take care of her son." i said explaining my new job. He nodded and placed the papers he had on his desk.

"Uh ... You might want to give her those coffees cause she's wearing both glasses." he pointed to Ms. Grant pacing in her office frantically looking for her glasses.

"Oh, no. Thanks - by the way. I'll uh...see you Winn." i said walking backwards before turning around to Ms. Grant who finally sat in her seat.

"Y/N. Where have you been? I need my glasses!" she yelled. I walked next to her desk and grab the two glasses off her head and handed them both to her. "Oh. Thank you." she said.

"No problem. So..What do you need done?" i asked testy to do some work. I watched as she took a cup of hot coffee and drank a big gil of it.

"Well first i would like it if you stopped flirting with my employees ams did your job." she said in all honesty still looking at her work in front of her. My eyes widened and i looked over my shoulder to a busy Winn clicking away on his computer. "Yes him, Y/N. I know chemistry when i see it. But please do that on your own time. Now please fix my back up laptop so i can stop stressing over this story." she said snapping to her laptop that was on the couch.

"Yes ma'am." i said. I grabbed the laptop and looked up at Winn one last time and saw he was smiling at me too.

Can't believe i work here.

                    ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Hey y'all! i finally posted. hope you like it. also i think i'm getting better at writing which i'm pretty happy about lowkey 😌 but please continue to request as i have no ideas ams am still working on other chapters on this book.