XXV: Awakening

Brandon and I were still walking when I heard steps behind me, I turned and heard a 'swoosh!!!', but I saw nothing just light fading, Hades had these halls enchanted, they sense human life and the torches along the corridor light themselves. So the light faded behind us as the lights extinguished themselves. So we turned around to continue walking when we were greeted by some lion thingy,, it growled and licked Brandon's hand it had sharp fangs and seemed to want friends looked almost like a lioness, except lions don't have wings or spiky tails, "I've heard about these" Brandon said, "they are m-man-man something any"

"Man eating monsters?" I suggested.

"Not really but they like to eat demigods I hear" Brandon said as his eyes widened, "I'm a demigod"

"Good thing I'm a DemiTitan then isn't it?" I Smirked and suddenly she was already at the end of the corridor like thirty feet away, when only two seconds prior to that moment she was wagging her spiked tail next to Brandon and I.

"She is very fast" the creature purred in the distance pushing the doors open with her head, dim light poured into the corridor.

As we saw sleepy motionless bodies amongst each other on a large black be Hades summoned yesterday. They seemed almost lifeless and unable to move. Kida was resting on Vadius like she was a pillow Mums foot was in Kida's face, Nick was holding. Mum like he was daddy. I thought I'd best not mention that when she wakes, so I moved mum overKelly was hugging her brother like she hadn't seen him in a long time. "We have the means to awaken them" I said aloud.

"And do you suppose that's go ona happen? Hades asked leaning forward in his throne snd awaiting my answer.

Brandon held up his hand, "what who is this guy?" Hades asked.

"He is Son of Enyo" replied Persephone, as she gestured for Brandon and I to accompany her to the bedside.

I reached in my back pocket to find the stuff wasn't there, the manticore growled, with the vial between her a Jagged teeth, and she gave me the the vial and purred, as I handed it to Brandon, "awaken them please" I asked him, and he took it poured it onto what seemed like nothing, as it dripped don the invisible handle, the blade shimmered for a second or two before I couldn't see it anymore.

I propped Mum up first, and Brandon took his fighting stance, and plunged the ghost sword into the back of her head, and then we quickly did the same for the others, severing their ties to Morpheus who bound them in sleep.

For the next five minutes I sat in silence waiting for one of them to wake,but not one of them budged after we severed their ties to Morpheus, was it too late did I fail?.

Suddenly Kida awoke, and I hugged her, "what happened, all I remember is we heard a voice at the entrance of Shelby's cave and then nothing" she woke in a dry sweat.

"What?, no hi Dad, how are are you?" Hades Barked at Kida, Vadius sat bolt upright at the sound of hades voice.

"Dad" Vadius squealed as her face went from sleepy to suddenly in an wow are position.

"I know you two have a history together, but can we please work through this" I tried to keep peace until I had both my parents back or atleast have Mum back.

"Sorry Dad, forgive me as I was just FORCED INTO A DEEP SLEEP" Kida Bellowed, and that infuriated Hades.

"You dare talk to me in that tone young lady", Hades raised his hand and a black fog materialised and swirled around his fingertips. I stood between Hades and Kida, "Brother please, not now, mother is still isn't waking up"

"Gods Tabby, get it through your head, there is a reason she hasn't woken up" Hades said.

"What do you mean brother?" I asked, not understanding why mum hadn't come back for like two hours now.

"The reason Mum isn't back yet is because she wants to be there, she loves just as much as you do, she wouldn't leave straight away, I thought you knew how much they loved one another" Hades was beginning to make lots of sense.

"Doesn't she know how much I love her too?" I fell over Mums sleeping body crying into her shoulder. By now everyone else was awake, but I still lay at mums side, "come back to me we need to save dad" but mum was still asleep"

Mum rolled over on her side, and I knew she was still okay. So I became a cat and made myself comfortable in her arms, and just lay there and began to think,......Of she doesn't wake up soon I will have to leave without her.