XVI: Shelby Fisher

There was a cave at the base of trench, it was too dark to tell the colour of the rock, but we swam on through, until we came to an air pocket within the cave, Shelby invited us Dennis and Kelly in, Kelly and Dennis live on the seafloor, at the top of the trench.

Mum was looking around at the sea life down here and there was low light down here really low light.
But she didn't feel so good, when she saw an octopus ooze it's way between rocks, I could tell she was missing dad, she'd zone out all the time, so I would hug her when she needed it.

Shelby came in with a tray of finger food, some sandwiches and oysters, best of all she had sushi, my favourite, "So what can I help you lot with?" Shelby asked, setting the tray down on a magically summoned table.

I cleared my throat, "Ahem, I believe you know my dad as your half brother" I said, "Bob, son of Poseidon"

"Ah yes how is your dad, I miss the little water rat" she asked, suddenly very interested in her new found family.

"He's been separated from us, and we were wondering what he was like and if you knew a way to oblivion, he was personally summoned by chaos, I am free to collect him but have no idea where or how to get there" I replied glad we found Shelby.

"Seems like you're in a bit of a pickle then, how can I help again?" Asked Shelby, pulling her hair back behind her ear to be more presentable.

"I wanna know dad's life before he met mum, and the only lead I have is you, okay I summoned the spirit of my murdered grandmother who before she passed over watched over him and his life growing up with you and Poseidon, as a result of Amphitrite drow..." I broke into tears, and mum rushed to my side.

"Why wasn't I aware of this?" Mum asked, and I began explaining what I knew.

"Grams was in love with my brother who is also my grandfather Poseidon, dad was still a child when Poseidon and Grams were on a date, and on Grams way back to shore, her boat was capsized, and a current pulled her under, she saw someone very beautiful as she died" I explained between bites of sushi.

"So that was the boat that sunk when I found Bob" this was all news to Shelby, "Dad had unknowingly just fled the area where his son was sinking, I never saw a body of your grandmother, Amphitrite was there though I saw her" Shelby continued.

Mum pushed aside her ill feelings and hurtful separation from dad to comfort my needs, "you mean to tell me Amphitrite" Mum stood behind me imitating someone being beheaded.

"I believe that is what she is telling us" Shelby confirmed, and mums face went red with rage, "I wanted to meet my future mother in law" Mum sighed mournfully.

Suddenly my eyes went wider, "Did I just hear you say?" I went from extreme sadness to complete happiness.

"I was planning on popping the question some time soon", mum blushed which made me cry tears of joy.

I turned to hug my mum, "I just know he'll say yes, he just has to, for me and you" I said so happy I couldn't contain my happiness I squeezed mum.

"Easy honey not too rough" mum told me, as she grasped her belly. I put my hand over my mouth.

"Mum is that what I think it is?" I said pointing to her belly, "am I?"

"Yes honey, don't tell your father with your horsey thing" mum made me promise, "promise me"

"Okay, But please can I tell dad" I begged.

"I'll say when you can tell him"mum said and I jumped for joy with my biggest smile on my face.

I just thought ahead so much, my brother and me the greatest pair of siblings ever to save the earth, or my sister the greatest bestie I would ever have, a sister to go shopping with, her Sasha and me, so many thoughts rushed through my head, including the hope of me as my mum and dad's flower girl.

"Easy honey I can hear your thinking from here, shhhhhh your father might hear your thoughts" mum tried to contain my joy before dad caught on.

"Just don't let him know okay?" Mum ensured I knew she wasn't ready to tell him just yet.

"I'm so happy" I hugged my little sibling and my mum. Shelby Kida and Vadius just stared stared.

Kelly teared up, and before we knew it, all of us were bawling our eyes out.

We set up camp in Shelby's ah home, I thought to myself, how can I hide from dad how happy I am in my dreams?, he will see it "I can't fall asleep" I said as I slowly fell asleep that night.