III: The Truth

When I woke it was morning, only to find Ree in my bed, "wow that was some night", I said rubbing my eyes, the sun shone between the velvet curtains, clothes neatly folded on the end of my canopy king-size bed, "I should get up and make her breakfast" I told myself.

I went to the kitchen, and pulled out bacon and eggs, and began to dice an onion, and began frying, dropped toast in the instant toaster, waved my finger pouring two glasses of apple juice, and took everything on a tray, and back to the bedroom.

"Morning sleeping beauty" I said as she awoke,
"mmmmmmmm, do I smell bacon?"Ree asked, as her eyes lit up. She blushed and smiled as she sat up, hair glimmering in the sunlight of the morning sun.

She pulled the white sheet up and said "wow you made this?"
I shrugged and replied "what did you think I was just a cute face? That could handle himself against monsters?"

"I kinda did, to be honest" she stated.

"I'm offended, My mum taught to take care of myself, cook, clean, even hunt and fish before I lost her, she met dad on a fishing trip" I said, pulling her dark hair back, in sunlight it seemed red, but otherwise it was a pure black, natural light coming Through the red velvet curtains, was a delightful way to illuminate the room.

I took a bite of Bacon, and drank some juice, when suddenly I felt something beat in my chest, "I thought my heart was on my left side" I said, what ever it was either liked the bacon or really hated it.

"oh no not again" Ree cried, "it's not so bad but it will be painful"

"What's happening?" I asked in desperation to know why the wrong side of me was beating.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way your choice" Ree told me, "I'm a son of Poseidon I can take it the hard way" I told her.

"Okay, hold still" she commanded.

She placed her hands on me and slowly I grew, if I stood my head would hit the ceiling.

Ree stuck her hand in my mouth, which was very painful and she reached inside of me pulling out a foal.

I was totally shocked as to why I had a foal inside my chest.

"Allow me to introduce myself, close your eyes.........." Ree told me, so I did, ".......my grandson"

When I heard that, my mind exploded, "what do you mean grandson?" I screamed.

"I am your grandmother Rhea, I'm a Titan, and this foal is our daughter" Rhea explained, "she is a naturally either a Unicorn or in human form"

"Oh no, I was just played by my own grandmother" I said shaking my head, "look she has your eyes" Rhea said

So I looked into the foals' eyes "she is beautiful", I said.

I pushed back her mane to see she had a sharp tiny bump there. "Can I name her after you?" I asked

"I prefer a new name" Rhea said, "okay then, I want to name her after my mother, it would mean so much to me", I said.

"Ah yes, Tabetha, I like that name" Rhea agreed.

Suddenly everything went blank and I knew it must be a vision, the scene was familiar, it was at home and there was a blonde girl about nine years of age sitting at a table and the lawn outside, dad was there and so was Ree, then I remembered, her name is Rhea, The girl was blowing out nine candles, on a blue velvet cake, that read. Happy Birthday Tabetha, then a handsome guy comes into view with a golden box, and gives it to Tabetha, "oh thank you daddy" said the girl, and then it clicked, it's the box Apollo gave me, "I'm supposed to give it to her" I told myself as I returned to the present time, to see the foal change into a beautiful baby girl.

I took Tabetha from Rhea, and looked into her eyes, "she's beautiful"

"Well I have to go, duty calls, I'll visit soon my love, bye Tabetha, Mama loves you" Rhea breathed holding back a tear and then vanished into thin Air.

I began talking to myself a lot since a Rhea left, wandering and thinking to myself.
"Tabetha, another legacy of Apollo, granddaughter of Poseidon, gosh I wonder if your grandmother knew about you before she passed away all those years ago, she'd love to meet you". As I told myself she must have been a legacy of Apollo too, I spent most of my time wondering what I would say if I saw Mum again.

*time travel*
About three years later, we were having breakfast, when I received an iris message,the light in the kitchen window shone on the water in the sink.

"Hi Bob" said a familiar voice.

"Kida is that really you?"I asked

"Hey Bob, I found out just last week, congratulations, I was supposed to say hi the night I found out, and congratulations" Kida said, smiling from the other side of the rainbow,

"Thanks, she's my angel" I turn to Tabetha, "yes you're Daddy's' angel aren't you"
Tabetha chuckled with her happy smile, she willed juice in my face.

"Hahahaha, I should let you go,you seem to have your hands full right now, I wanna visit next week if that's okay, I'd love to meet her" said Kida.

"Okay see you then" and the the vision in the rainbow disappeared.

Tabetha was suddenly quiet, and not making the mess bigger