(17) Stranger Savior

Dedicated to everyone who's reading this!

----------------------------------

It's dark.

It's finally dark.

And yet, we're not even near to anywhere!

"Langston, are you sure we didn't just pass by here? Because I am sure we've passed by here already," I told him, while gripping his phone tighter, which is also used for our source of light.

"How sure are you that we've already passed this path anyways?"

"There's a tree!" I point the light to the familiar-looking tree.

"Chloe, we're in a swamp... Obviously, there are trees everywhere!"

I shut my mouth.

"Besides, it's logically impossible for us to pass by our route from earlier since you know, we've been walking in one straight direction."

"ONE DIRECTION!" I yelled.

"Uhh Chloe?"

"It's a rule, in my class' fandom. Every time you'll hear the word direction you have to yell One Direction. I'm a Directioner." I explained to him. You see, I am a certified Directioner. My love for One Direction is bigger than my love for Ice Creams, and trust me, that says a lot.

He rolled his eyes, "Girls and boy bands. I'll never understand them."

I raised an eyebrow, "Boys and rubber bands. I'll never understand them."

"Touché my friend," He smirked, "Touché."

Since earlier, we never really did any left or right turns that much, we just kept on walking in one direction -ONE DIRECTION!- and if ever there is a tree in front of us, we'll just walk around it and return to the pathway.

"There are still no signs of anyone living here, or at least near here," I told him.

He nodded with agreement, "No lights, no noise, not even pets. It's a complete ghost town- well, swamp."

I felt like laughing, "After all, it is a swamp."

He shrugged.

I'm officially bored.

And, I felt like I want to cry,

So I cried.

"Was helping someone that wrong!? I'm hungry, no, scratch that, I'm starving! We're lost, and I want to pee!" I'm officially talking to nobody in particular, but I was shocked when Langston responded.

"... I'm sorry," He whispered, "I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess. I'm such a bad friend."

.

.

.

Aww!

I stopped walking which made him stop walking which made us stop walking.

"It's not your fault," I comforted him, "Well, technically it is your fault. I mean, if you didn't juggle the bag and all, which by the way, I told you not to do so..." I trailed off.

He looks awful.

" -But! There's a but," I saved, "It's not totally your fault." I nodded.

He raised an eyebrow, "Are you serious  or what?"

I grinned, "I'm trying my best." Anson Seabra.

He laughed again.

Then, we decided to continue walking.

I stopped walking when I saw a little amount of light from afar, I squinted my eyes so I can focus more and gasped, "Langston! Someone's actually there!"

He looked at me before following the line of my eyes and nodded furiously, "Someone's there."

I laughed loudly before pushing him to run towards the light, "The first sign of actually someone helping us!"

We ran towards the light and immediately sighed in delight when I heard laughter from other people and colorful lights.

Wait... Is that a... ???

"EXCUSE ME, BUT THIS IS A PRIVATE PROPERTY!" We turn around and saw an old man wearing a jumper, with this usual cowboy hat, pointing his own flashlight at us. So turns out, the other people and colorful lights are just a part of my delusion. But the question that needs to be answered the most is...

Why is he wearing a hat at nighttime?

"Private property?" I asked.

"Yes. Now, you trespassers are under arrest."

"You're not from the law." Langston said, "We are under to no one."

Ah, shoot, Langston and his smart mouth.

I gave Langston a 'Shut the hell up!' look before looking at the stranger, "We're lost. I'm so sorry. We're from Denovan, and we're planning to deliver something near Milamich Villa. Do you know where that is?"

The old man's eyes widened, then he turned the flashlight off, "From Denovan you say?"

I nodded my head, "Yes! To..." I trailed off when I noticed something, "I'm sorry, we don't know who to give it to and who owns it."

Damn, we're the worst messenger in the world.

"Though, we do know an old lady sent it," Langston said.

"Is she cranky?" The old man asked.

"She has a temper," I nodded, "But she's lovely."

The man smiled, "Then that's for me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, when I was doing my best to edit this, I added Anson Seabra's name because why not. Love him and his music, you guys should definitely check it out (5/31/20).