(12) The bad boy isn't as bad as he seems

I've always thought that running away with a boy who wears a chicken suit daily is stupid.

Okay, I actually never thought about it before because it seems impossible. I mean, Archie would never wear a chicken suit, my other friends are too snobby to actually wear one, and the only person I know wearing it is my enemy.

So, really, the idea of running away with Langston is impossible.

But I guess nothing's impossible.

My blonde hair covered my sight as we ran for our lives. I feel each drop of sweat that runs down on my forehead and it is the most absolute uncomfortable thing ever. I looked at Langston to see him having his game face on. He's really focused on running right now.

While I look like a fat man who just barely finished a marathon, Langston here looks like a damn model attending his own photoshoot.

Lucky guy.

"Where," I panted. "Are," Pant. "We," Pant. "Go-" Pant, "-ing?" Running, or any form of exercise really has never been my forte. I really don't run that often. If I will run, then it's because I have to. I will only run if it's necessary; if I need to. One of the few examples would be when I'm out of shampoo or sanitary napkin. I've never considered running if someone would decide to chase me. My brain never wandered to that concept because that's impossible. 

Again, I guess nothing's impossible.

Langston said with a husky voice, "To my secret spot."

"YOU HAVE A SECRET SPOT!?" I shouted with a little pant.

Langston hissed, "Shut up!" 

"You have a secret spot?" I whispered.

He facepalmed. 

Suddenly, we heard a loud roar of a car's engine. Turning around, I almost had a heart attack when I saw three jeepneys that have angsty looking gangsters.

Holy macaroni with gigantic pepperoni!

"Uh," I gulped, "Langston?"

He grunts, "I know." He stopped abruptly.

WHAT THE HELL!?

He bends down, "Jump behind me, you're too slow!"

Why thank you. I eat a lot and barely work out to get that compliment.

I glared at him, "I don't need your help."

His eyes widened, obviously irritated, "Just jump!"

"FINE!"

I jumped behind him and then he dashed towards a random motorcycle. If he's planning to steal it, then there's no way that he could do it. He doesn't have any supplies or anything. His only chance would be if someone left the keys in the ignition. But that's too convenient and impossible.

But when am I gonna learn that nothing is impossible?

Langston had to be a hero who saved mankind in his past life because the odds are in his favor. He gave me a smirk.

"We're not stealing a bike, Langston. That's illegal!"

"I don't see any cops. Haven't you heard? If there are no cops, there is no law."

I facepalmed. "Is that the most famous phrase for you criminals?"

I felt him tense before feeling the hard ground hit my butt. He dropped me!

I complained as I stood up and rub my butt, "THE HECK!?"

He jumps on the bike with gritted teeth. He looks angry. "Hop on."