(18) Secrets are out

"So you're saying that you're still going to go here, but you sent a box full of rocks, through a couple, just because your car is full?" Langston asked, holding in his rage.

The old woman, who I learned was Linda, nodded. She hugged her husband at the side and grinned at us, "Yes. It wasn't much trouble, right?"

No, no it wasn't! You knew we were just walking and you sent a box full of rocks to the eastern part of the town! Yes, yes we're fine. 

I pursed my lips, "You gave us a time limit. Which is midnight. Who are you? Fairy-God Mother?" I asked her nicely. Well, inside I'm crashing the world already, but I should still show respect to the old lady.

We're inside their house right now, which shouts Old People Lives Here but it's sweet. She told us that it's their 30th anniversary tomorrow

Wow, she's old... Probably at her 50's.

She smiled at me, "You see, I'm fixing my garden here, and I really do need those rocks."

"Why were you in Denovan, anyways?" Langston asked,

The old man -Carlo- answered for her, "My wife here is babysitting our grandchildren since their parents are in their anniversary."

Linda laughed, "Yes! and instead of paying me, Rowenda, my daughter, would pay me with this huge, beautiful, rocks!" Don't forget about the heavy part.

"Not to sound rude or insulting, but, why are you wearing a Rooster suit?" She asked.

I was about to correct her when her husband took her hand and corrected her for us, "I believe it's a Hen Suit, hun."

And here I thought he'll correct her correctly.

"Are you saying I'm stupid, Carlo?" Linda glares at her husband.

Oh, poor man.

"No, I'm just saying that you're probably color blind. Can't you see? It's white."

What? I look at Langston, only to see his jaw on the ground.

Linda's eyes widened, "You're color blind! Obviously, it's orange, moron!"

We gawked at them.

No.

Both of you are color blind.

"Are you saying that you married a moron?" Carlo smirked.

"Apparently!"

"Then why did you marry me if I'm a moron?"

"Because you're my moron."

Aww!

"I love you." The old man smiled, giving a kiss on the old woman's forehead, hearing an I love you too as the reply.

Aww!

How sweet...?

Earlier, they were fighting like Langston and me, and now they're cuddling!

Like Langston and me.

I immediately shake off my stupid thoughts. I sighed through my nose before standing up, "Well, it is getting late. We'll be off now!" I grabbed Langston's arm and pulled him out of the house.

"Wait!"

We stopped and turn around, seeing Linda holding a plastic, "Here are the envelopes. Thank you!"

I smiled at her, I guess the rocks does make her happy, "No problem. Goodbye." I waved before leaving the house and walk to the direction they gave us to the bus stop.