Test Subject Awaiting

"This is Nevarro. We're here." Cara points to the map of the land. "This entire area's a green zone. Completely safe. But over on this side is the problem." My eyesight follows her pointer finger to the territory covered in red. "It's an old Imperial base," I say with narrowed eyes.

"It's where all those troops came from when we defeated Moff Gideon. This base has been here since the Imperial expansion. It's got a skeleton crew, but for some reason, it hasn't been abandoned."

"There's a lot o' heavy weaponry in that place the black market would love to dismantle and get their hands on."

I smirk nodding to Cara's words. "And you wanna mop up the last of the Imperial force before they do." Din grabs my wrist softly, running his thumb over the skin. "Then we can not face this. You're still wanted. We three are." Cara sighs with pleading eyes. "Mando, I just want them off my planet. If we could take out that one last base, Nevarro would be completely safe. We could be a trade anchor for the entire sector."

"And the planet would finally be free." Din huffs at first but agrees. "What are we looking at?"

~

We float in the speeder over the lava. The tension thick, radiating off Mando. I grab his hand bringing it to my cheek. "It will all be fine." He nods. "Let's be fast. And keep the speeder running."

"How close you want me to drop you off?" Mythrol asks as he drives. "How 'bout the front door?" I stare back at Karga with a smirk. "This guy knows what's up."

"It's a little close for a civilian, don't you think?"

"I got two choices for ya. You take us in and I knock a hundred years off your debt."

"Or?"

"Or I leave ya out here in the lava flats to walk home with whatever's left in your humidity vest."

"It's not much of a choice, is it?" "That's what you get from being a prisoner." "All right. We can't go any further than this." Mythrol stops the speeder alongside the building.

"Let's go." Din stays in front of me the entire time, looking back every 10 seconds. "Would you stop worrying? I'm not glass." I huff running around him. I come up to the controls on the door. I press buttons and switches. "These are shot. Completely melted."

"All right, I'm headed back. Hit me up on the comm, we could set up a rendezvous time." I turn to him with anger. "Excuse me? You're staying here until we're done." "But... I'm startin' to dehydrate. Boss, come on." Greef huffs looking at his prisoner. "Okay, how does 30 more years off your debt sound?" "Okay, fine. I don't like leaving my speeder like this, just so you know." Mythrol sighs as he tries to maneuver the keypad.

I look up seeing the edge of the building above. "Mando." I nod upward sending my thoughts over. He grabs my waist tightly. "Hold on." He shoots up upward above the group and onto the platform of the building.

"Mando!" I shout as he doesn't see a stormtrooper running towards him. He ducks as I blast him, making him fall. "Nice shot." I shrug spinning my blaster around. "I try."

Din runs at me and swings my arms around, picking me up and allowing me to kick him over the edge. He hits the ground next to the group causing me to giggle as they look up. "Coming up or what?" I holler down.

I back up from the edge, only to hit Din's chest. "Oh, hey there." I move out of the way, but he blocks me. "Din, what are you-" "Shh." Din raised his helmet and pulls me close, enveloping me in a passionate kiss. He lets me go, dazed, and flushed. I clear my throat as I heard footsteps. "You've got some nerve." He chuckles, "I thought that's what you liked about me, mesh'la."