The Marshal

She's stronger than we suspected. Her will to the light pulls at her heart, but her blood knows where she was spit out. She'll give in. She's just like her grandfather. Aria Dooku will rise and the Resistance will finally fall.

I open my eyes looking around the dark room, nothing but the empty Beskar armor laying among the floor. Then why do I feel the intense glare of evil eyes? Din's arm draped over my side as he sleeps for the first time since leaving Han's. It's been days since he's rested his eyes, going from one planet to the next trying to find somewhere to lay low. We're the best meat in the wanted ring.

I try and maneuver away from Din's grasp. My fingers and toes numb from the nervous feelings in the pit of my stomach. The churning feeling of hot blood running through me. The never-dying energy. Din tells me to rest, tells me to chill out, enjoy the quiet. I listen. I go into the separate part of the ship and lay down quietly. Little does he know I'm even more restless than he is.

Each time I close my eyes an overwhelming sense of evil soaks into my pores and thickens my blood to rock. I throw my cloak on along with grabbing my saber and traveling into the low grassy field. Pockets of sand and gas bursting up from the lower levels. I open the saber feeling the power rushing through me. This weapon takes so much for what? For me to live on the low with Din? Would he have ended up here if it wasn't for me?

I spin the saber hitting the winds at a godly pace. I miss the feeling. The cold metal growing hot between my fingers. The thrill of the Empire fighting back.

A twig snaps and I immediately turn around pulling the stranger to the ground and waving my saber inches from their face. "Din." I breathe out in relief as I close the weapon. "What are you doing out here? You could be seen." He pushes himself up, grabbing me as well. "I'm not tired," I mumble. "You are. I can tell by the way your voice is drawing off, and your eyes are sunken. You need to sleep." I pull my arm away from his grasp, going for another combo. Din waits until I'm finished to catch eyes with me, his real eyes. The dark brown orbs bare into mine. "Please, come to bed, Aria. For me?" Din never begs for anything. I look down at my hands and enclose my weapon. "Yes, love. I will." I shuffle my feet along the ground leading to my husband.

Din, my husband.

I place my hand on his cheek and press my lips to his jaw. "I'm following you." Din gives me a sly smile, and in a matter of seconds, I'm placed in his arms bridal style. He sets me back into the bed, kisses my head, and cuddles into my figure. "We start looking for other Mandalorians tomorrow."

~

Din and I walk alongside by side in the darkness of the dirt trails. Red eyes glare at the small child in the pod floating behind us. I look back at him showing him a comforting smile, but he whimpers with worry. "Behind me," Din says as we approach a door. He blocks the view of the guard from the child and I, keeping us safe.

"I'm here to see Gor Koresh." Soft little fingers wrap around my thumb pulling my attention away from Din. I look down at the child and squeeze his tiny hand in reassurance. He coos and nuzzles into my hand before letting me go.

"Enjoy the fights." The guard says before pushing the door open and allowing us access. Upon entry, my ears are met with shouting and cheers of fellow spectators. Two opponents spend time in a ring trying to kill one another.

Din's hand makes its way to mine, hooking our fingers together making sure I trail close behind him. He leads us to sit along the front row with whom I suspect to be Gor Koresh. The one-eyed being trails his eyes from Mando to the Child, to me. "You know this is no place for a wife and child."

"Wherever I go, they go," Din says in a deep voice with a thick tint of anger. Gor chuckles dead endly. "So I've heard."

"We've been quested to bring him to his kind. We need the information you hold on the Mandalorians and the location." I say glaring down at him. This place makes me nervous. The wandering eyes catch sight of me and know who I am. No secret now that I have the dark side within my blood. Someone could toss me in the ring for money in a second. Gor glares at me before looking at Mando. "You should keep a muzzle on her." "I think you need-" "Hold it." Din points a finger at me halting my movements and venomous words. He turns back to Gor. "If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide me. I'm told you know where to find them."

"It's uncouth to talk business immediately. Just enjoy the entertainment." I roll my eyes watching the two beasts fight in the ring. The child whines causing me to avert my gaze down. "It's alright, little one," I whisper into his ear, patting his head.

"Bah! My Gamorrean's not doing well. Kill him! Finish him!" Gor growls looking at the mat. The beast swings the huge Ax almost cutting the others head, but missed by an inch as he rolls away. This could be a close fight. "Do you gamble, Mando?" "Not when it can be avoided."

"Well, I'll bet you the information you seek that this Gamorrean's going to die within the next minute and a half. And all you have to put up in exchange is your shiny beskar armor." I scoff against Gor's remarks. He thinks we're that dumb. Gor's eyes attach to my saber with a dark smirk. "Or Ms. Dooku could release her weapon of death in my hands."

"I'm prepared to pay you for the information. I'm not leaving my fate up to chance. Aria will never be part of any deal or negotiation."

"Nor am I." Gor raises a pistol and shoots his Gamorrean down. The whole room empties quickly while five blasters are pointed at Din and I. Gor pushing a blade harshly to my neck.

"Thank you for coming to me. Normally, I have to seek out remnants of you Mandalorians in your hidden hives to harvest your precious shiny shells. Beskar's value continues to rise. I've grown quite fond of it. Give it to me now or I will peel it off your corpse." Gor sneers at Mando with intent to kill.

"Tell me where the Mandalorians are and I'll walk outta here without killing you." Din threatens while never letting his eyes leave the blade lining my neck. "I thought you said you weren't a gambler," Gor says slyly. I see the small blue lights on Din's hand light up, ready to release the whistling birds. I wink at the child and not a second later he shut himself in his pod. "He's not." Din releases the missiles as I take the time to stomp on Gor's feet and butting his head against the back of mine. The blade came to close and sliced a thin line on my skin. I grab the skin bringing my hand back and seeing the blood on my fingers.

I take down two other men and by then, I see Mando reeling Gor in on the dirt ground leaving him begging. "All right, stop, stop! I'll tell you where he is." I giggle walking up with the child's pod trailing behind. "Rig him up," I say nodding to the light pole. Din chuckles and does as I request. Once Gor is the level hanging distance from my foot I kick as hard as I can knocking my boot into his nose. "You must promise that you won't kill me." I pout and look at Din. He sighs looking back to Gor."I promise you will not die by my hand. Now, where is the Mandalorian you know of?"

"Tatooine." I groan, throwing my head back. "What?" Din asks confused. "Mando, no. He's leading us astray." "No! No! The Mando I know of is on Tatooine." Din glares at Gor. "I've spent much time on Tatooine. I never saw a Mandalorian there."

"My information is good, I tell you. The city of Mos Pelgo. I swear it by the Gotra." Din looks behind him at me and nods. "Tatooine it is, then." Din grabs my hand and starts leading us away from Gor. His screams trailing in the background. "Wait, Mando! You can't leave me like this. Cut me down!"

Din shakes his head and replies without looking behind. "That wasn't part of the deal." He shoots the light out from above Gor and several red eyes with low growls creep towards him.

"Wait, what are you doing? Mando! I can pay! Mando! Mando!"

I hop on Din's back as the Razor Crest comes into view. "To Tatooine!" I point my saber off into the air causing Din to chuckle. "Many memories there." his voice draws off. "Oh come on. Killing ex-boyfriends, locking up ex-girlfriends. It's all fun baby."

"