Doubt and Choice

Sunrise comes and passes for several weeks. Mando, the child, and I live in peace. Mando and I went for walks regularly over the flat trails lining the land. We would tell tales of our lives and reveal deeper secrets of our stories. This small village felt like home. My own home with my people.

The sun beings to lower allowing us a few hours of light. I walk out of the barn and see the child playing a few feet from the pond. "Babe, come on inside! Let's get ready for bed." His little green head pops up and giggles as he waddles over to me. Mando scoops him up at the last second making the child squeal. "I got you, little guy!" Mando chuckles plopping him in his crib. I grab a damp cloth wiping his little face softly. He grabs my fingers and coos. I kiss his head and set him back humming lightly as he closes his eyes.

Mando stands a few feet away watching. "I can't tell if you're smiling or not." He nods grabbing my hand. "I am." He looks out of the window and back at me. "Are you ready?" I nod smiling. Mando and I walk around the forest admiring the surrounding foliage. "Do you like it here?" I ask kicking the dirt. "I don't mind it. I'm not used to staying in one place too long, but this isn't bad." "Yeah, I like it too. So does the kid. He's always digging in the dirt and chasing frogs." I laugh thinking about the small green child.

"You're very good with him. He sees you as his mother." I roll my eyes shaking my head. "I took care of Ben all the time when he was a baby. Han didn't like the thought of him being so fragile. Freaked him out." I giggled remembering the past. "Your nephew, Ben. How old is he?" The sun reflects off of the beskar shining bright streams above the leaves.

"He's 6 right now." 

"You miss him?" I nod smiling. "Yes, but they know I'm off... somewhere. I haven't heard from them since before the bounty hit."

I walk further upon a hill overlooking the small land. Mando leans against a tree just watching calmly. "You're beautiful, Aria." I turn back to him and glide closer. "I picture you with... blonde hair, brown eyes, and... a striking smile." Mando tilts his head. "Hate to disappoint you." "Ah. Blue eyes?" Mando chuckles and pulls me to him. "You can guess all you want, Aria." "I know. I know."

Sunset is upon us and the glow of the fire in the sky reflects in Mando's visor. "Can I ask something of you?" I trail my finger on his chest plate nervously.

"Anything."

"Kiss me, Mando."

He looks down at me and moves his hands to my cheeks cupping them. "As you wish. You must close your eyes, Aria." I do as he says and rest my lids, lifting the weighted helmet to his nose. Mando lays his lips on each corner of my lips smiling as he does. "Aria Solo. You have proven to make a certain Mandalorian soft." I hum grinning. "Oh, I should have warned him. I have that effect on stong, quiet men." He chuckles kissing my nose. "A blessing and a curse?" "Just pure talent, Mandalorian."

I lift and connect my lips to his feeling blissful. He holds me tightly sighing and relaxing into our kiss.

~

Omera walks up the few steps and sees Mando and Cara sitting and relaxing on the porch.

 Omera's eyes drift into the quiet barn. "Is she still sleeping?" I nod, my grin concealed. "Yes. She's enjoying the peace." "I'll have some breakfast set aside for her. Is there anything else I can do?"