The Deadly Dragon

Landing in the loading dock I can feel my fingers numb. The overwhelming feeling of the dark shadows falling through my veins. "Aria. Are you okay?" I look up to Din, breaking my thoughts. I nod smiling. "Of course. I'm just a little distracted today." Din nods silently.

He suddenly pulls me flush against him and lifts the edge of the beskar helmet, pulling my lips to meet his. "Stay sharp, baby. I need my partner." I blush looking away. "I- I am. I promise." His lips grow into a smile as he lowers the beskar. "I love you." I breathe out. Din strokes my hair behind my ear. "I love you too, Aria."

Din lowers the walkway letting my eyes view a friend. "Peli!" I dash towards her and the little droids. "Hey there, girl! Still riding around with him I see."

"Hey, hey, hey! Sorry, gang. Come on. You know he doesn't like droids." Peli says to her little helpers. "May as well let them have at it. The Crest needs a good once-over." Din says walking down the ramp towards us. "Oh! So he likes droids now. Well, you heard him. Give it a once-over." I chuckles watching their tiny feet sprint for the work. "I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos..." Din pulls out the child and Peli goes to mush. "Oh! Thank the Force! This little thing has had me worried sick. Come here, you little womp rat." She picks him up in her arms causing me to coo. "Looks like it remembers me. How much do you want for it? Just kidding. But not really. You know, if this thing ever divides or buds, I will gladly pay for the offspring." I chuckle looking at my child.

A hissing sound amergies from the Crest causing us to look at the tiny helpers. "Hey! Oh, jeez! Watch what you're doing up there. He barely trusts your kind. You want to give all droids a bad name? Thank you!"

"I'm here on business. I need your help." Din says hiding his hopeful tone.

"Oh, then, business, you shall have. Care for me to watch this wrinkled critter while you two seek out adventure?"

"We've been quested to bring this one back to its kind." I say sadly as I watch his big eyes. "Oh, wow. I can't help you there. I've never seen any like it. And trust me, I've seen all shapes and sizes in this town."

"A Mandalorian Armorer has set me on my path. If I can locate another of my kind, I can chart a path through the network of coverts."

"You've been the only Mando here for years from what I can tell." I huff finding no end to this journey. Mandalorians hide! That's their true talent.

"Where is Mos Pelgo? I'm told there's one there."

"Oh. Boy, I haven't heard that name in a while."

"It's not on any of the maps."

"That's because it was wiped out by bandits. Once the Empire fell, it was a free-for-all. I didn't dare leave the city walls. Still don't."

"Peli, can you tell us where it used to be?" She narrows her eyes. "Depends who's asking. You want to see it?" I nod with a smile, then she yells, "R-five! Bring the map of Tatooine."

A droid as close to R2 as a model rolls up slowly. "No, take your time. Seriously. You just can't get good help anymore. I don't even know who to complain to. Let's go, let's go. Waiting...." The droid beeps out complaints before opening up the map. "Okay. This is a map of Tatooine before the war. You got Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, and up around this region, Mos Pelgo." I look closely, seeing nothing on the lands. "I don't see anything."

Peli shrugs. "Well, it's there. Or at least, it used to be. Not much to speak of. It's an old mining settlement. They're going to see that big hunk o' metal long before you land."

Din looks at me before turning to Peli again. "You still have that speeder bike?"

"Sure do. It's a little rusty, but I got it."