Let's Play a Game

Drifting through space hours among hours can get old. Especially with a captain who doesn't speak much. Han would never shut up when we use to fly together. Chewy and I would sing just to annoy him.

"What are you grinning about?" Mando questions causing me to turn to him laughing lightly. "Just remembering when I use to fly. This is a lot different... but better." "How so?" I shrug stroking the child's head. "Well for starters we're not smuggling large amounts of illegal items. There isn't a Wookie singing with me and my bossy brother is nowhere in sight. Feels more like a vacation." "You just escaped your death. How can you say this is better?" "I escaped. Duh."

"Let's play a game." Mando sighs looking back at me repeatedly. "A game?" "Yeah. Never played 21 questions or something when you were a kid?" "I never had time for games." I laugh getting up and leaning against the control panel. "Good thing you have me. I can show you the fun you were missing." "Because you're an immature child?" I scoff pushing the Mandalorian. "No. Because I am fun." "We have two different ideas about what fun is."

I smile and slide closer to him making myself comfortable on the panel. "I'll start. What's your name?" "I can't say." "Age?" "I can't say." "Alright mystery man. What's your favorite color." Mando sighs. "I like purple." I tilt my head smiling. "Purple?" "It's a color." I nod smiling. "What's your favorite color?" "I like yellow. It reminds me of the sunrise."

"How long have you been flying the Razoncrest?" "A long time." "Wow. You're really giving me the good stuff, huh?" "You asked. I answered."

"You're awful at this. You're not even giving me any juicy information."

Mando puts the ship into auto piolet and faces me. "Last time you had a job?" "Before the war. I was running around with a group and we would smuggle some plants across the lines." "How many members?" "4 of us. Two girls two boys. See? This is good information." "It's useless." I shake my head crossing my legs. "It's not. It will allow you to know me better." "Do I really want to do that?" I laugh. "People say I'm great." "Oh trust me. I've heard."

I sit in my chair facing him. "What did you do in your life, Mando?" He sighs and leans back relaxing. "I ran with a group for a bit. It didn't work out." "You turn on them?" Mando shakes his head. "It was strictly business, and I was getting tired of looking over my shoulder."

Mando leans onto his knees resting his chin on his fist. "When's the last time you had a... romantic... kinship?" I laugh shaking my head. "Oh no. We do not want to get into this. Trust me." "I think it's the only way I'm going to really know you, Aria," Mando says; his voice slick with sarcasm. "I mean, I had this guy who was nice. He traveled with us for a couple of months." "And?" "And he got super jealous. So we kicked him out." "What's his name?" "Nope. We're not going there."

"What about you, Mando? I feel like you've broken a fair share of hearts." He laughs leaning closer. "Just a few." "Player. Hm. I like it." He shakes his head. "Strictly business. It wasn't anything special." I laugh nodding. "Yeah. That never ends well." "Yeah, it didn't." He chuckles.

Mando remains watching me in stillness. "Why haven't you married?" I focus my gaze on his dark visor. "What?" "I'm sorry I over-" "No. I just didn't expect that." I relax thinking through the many excuses I could give. "I guess... I haven't found someone I love yet. I think everyone has a soulmate, but I'm a special case."

"No." Mando reached a short distance for my hand. "You're going to find someone, and they will be lucky to have you, Aria." I search the visor for some reflection of eyes, but all I catch are my own longing gaze.

I place my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. "Mando?" I look at me and feel the pit in my body turn into fire. "Yes?"

"When's the last time you've  kissed someone?"

~

Kiss someone? Well, as embarrassing as it is... I never have. Sure I've gotten down and been dirty, but the act of removing my helmet in the radius of another being was unheard of. Of course, I've never kissed anyone.

But do I want to?

Aria's fingers slide over my gloved palms as she asks her question. "I've never taken my helmet off." Aria looks at me tilting her head. "You've never kissed anyone, have you? I didn't take you for such an innocent one." I scoff shaking his head. "Now let's not go that far. Taking it off is very... intimate. I have to trust whoever would see any part of my face."

Aria raises her hand to the cold edge of my helmet and shuts her eyes tight. "Do you trust me?"

I gulp feeling my chest tighten. "I'm starting to." Aria lifts the heavy metal to my chin and takes a deep breath. She breathes against my free skin. I allow her to lift my mask up to my upper lip, awaiting her movements. Aria trails my lips with her finger like a feather. "Mando?" "Yes, Aria?" I ask breathlessly. 

She turns my face to the side catching my cheek quickly. "Your lips feel chapped."

Aria puts my helmet back in place and opens her eyes. "You should use some lip scrub, bub." She winks and exits the room leaving me a steaming mess. I touch my skin under the disguise. "Such a minx," I mutter smiling like a fool.

I didn't know what was happening. I wasn't a nice and cuddly individual, but Aria had the effect to break me away from my hard beskar exterior and allow me to laugh and feel natural.

She could see me without physically seeing me.