Favor the Bold

"I have you." I feel Mando's hand grasp my calf as I lower myself down into the Imperial ship. "This is a bad idea, Din," I whisper next to his ear. "I know." He nods and squeezes my hand for reassurance.

"Alright, we're on the clock. The second they engage those droids, they'll be all over us." Mayfeld told us.

"I know the drill," Mando responded to him making me grin. "Yeah, Mayfeld, we're not rookies." "Could've fooled me," Xi'an mutters under her breath.

I turn around having enough of her mouth. "Xi'an I'm going to rip you limb from limb if you-" Mando drags me away and covering my mouth making Xi'an smirk holding in her laughter as the group walks further into the ship.

Mando places me against a wall and I throw his hand off my mouth. "Gross! I don't know where that thing has been!" "Will you just stop?" He raises his voice making me stare at him with narrow eyes. "Stop. What. Mandalorian." He points a finger at me. "You know what you're doing. You're causing trouble."

I scoff crossing my arms and try to move away from the wall. "You've got to be kidding me." Mando places his hands on my waist keeping me in position. "What?" I press my finger on my temples in frustration. "You're not letting me fight her. Even when she's asking for it. Why?" Mando stays silent holding me.

I take his hands off of my body roughly and throw them to his sides. "Aria-" "Oh my stars! She's seen your face, hasn't she?" He stays silent making my blood boil. "She's got some hold on you!" I yell rolling my eyes. "This is the way my ass." I mock with anger fueling my bones.

I raise my hands and let out a laugh. "You are going to take me home after this, Mandalorian." I walk away towards the group with a silent Mandalorian following after.

I slide on my knee against the wall hiding behind Mayfeld catching his attention. "What's wrong, honey? Trouble in paradise?" I roll my eyes lowing a hand to my saber. "Shut up," Mayfeld smirks laughing. "I like that fire, Solo. Save some of it for the fight."

How could he do that? Break that code just for her? For Xi'an? No wonder he was so smitten when she walked in. He still is in love with her. He won't let me fight her for the simple reason that she will get her ass beat. He cares about her well being, and I shouldn't get in the way of that.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted when droids corner the team. "We're too exposed here," Xi'an says crouched across the hall.

"If they get a signal out, it's not going to matter!"

We shoot at the droids without gain as they draw closer. "Mando, let's go! You're supposed to be something special!"

I turn around seeing the empty hallway. "He's not there." Mayfeld turns around groaning. "I knew it! I knew it!"

"Just wait!" I growl shooting my blaster at the droids. Mando appears at the end of the hall behind the droids. He flexes a dagger and nods at me. I grab my saber and ignite the blade creating the white glow to light up my form.

Both Mando and I slide on the ground cutting the legs of the droids and fighting off the others. He gets shot falling, a droid reaches punch him, but I throw him down the hall via force. He looks at me and raises his blaster shoot past my head making me gasp. "You need to watch your back." Mando tackles me to the floor shooting at a droid that was inches from my head.

I throw him off of my and toss my saber into a droids torso making the last one fall. "I don't need your help." "Looks like you do." I push myself off of him as the team comes out of hiding.

"You alright, Solo?" Mayfeld asks nodding to my shoulder. I look down seeing a small gash from a blaster in battle. "It's nothing."

"Aria," Mando says grasping my arm to see the damage, but I pull my arm away sighing. "Can we get this done?" Mayfeld furrows his brows nodding. "Yeah. Why don't you follow my lead, Solo." He leads me forward bumping his shoulder into Mando.