Old Friends

Cara Dune is in the middle of a heated fight with someone as we arrive. Their belts hooked to each other, the thought of an escape false.

Cara turns the man over causing him to tap out, raining Cara Dune the winner. I cheer tossing a tip at her. She looks over catching my eyes. "Hey, there stranger." I laugh hugging her. "Whoa!" She laughs stumbling at my eagerness. "Good to see you too."

"We need your help."

~

"It seems like a straightforward operation. They're providing the plan and firepower. I'm the snare." Cara listens nodding at us, "And them?" "That's why we need you."

Cara grits her teeth thinking. "I don't know. I've been advised to lay low. If anybody runs my chain code, I'll rot in a vell for the rest of my life." "I thought you were a veteran?"

Her opponent flicks her a credit as he passes. "Come back soon," Cara says making me laugh. "Badass."

"I've been a lot of things since. Most of them carry a life sentence. If I so much as book passage on a new republic ship I'm-" "We have a ship. Mando can bring you back. With some money!" Mando nods encouraging her. "You can live free of worry." "I'm already free of worry."

I smirk leaning in. "I can say one thing that's going to change your mind." Cara narrows her eyes, "Try me, Solo."

"He's Imperial."

Cara stares at me, lowering her cup to the table. "Now that's where you should've started."

~

We all calmly board the ship. I let the kid down and pat his back lightly. He stares up at me with his large orbs filled with innocence. My lips stretch into a grin as he giggles. "Go on. Remember not to touch anything." I point a finger at him as he toddles off.

"Does your contact need to vet me?" Cara asks as we land on the deck.

"He doesn't know you're coming," Din answers as he reveals the compartment containing his weapons stacked on top of each other in rows. "Pick one." Cara glances over them, impressed as she examines a blaster in her palms.

"You trust the contact?" She asks as she experiments with more hardware. "Not particularly," He grumbles, peering over at me, "He helped set Aria up."

"So why are we going?" Cara asks confused as she looks over the racks of weapons. "We don't have a choice," I answer.

"You saw what happened in Sorgan. They'll keep sending hunters. They will never be safe until the Imp is dead." Din speaks, his voice sounding like it's laced with venom.

"And you're okay with bringing both of them back there?" Cara scoffs.

I look down feeling guilty. This is an awful lot of trouble just for my head.

"Which is why we're bringing you, Cara," I say, smiling at her with hope.

The ship suddenly jerks forward causing me to fall against the floor. Din and I look at each other and race for the ladder to reach the pilot's room.

I race to the kid, picking him up in my arms. "No, baby, no. We don't do that. We can't touch controls. If I can't, then you can't." I coo at him as he looks into my eyes.

Din sits in the chair flying the ship as everything settles back. "I think we need a babysitter, Mando," I grumble watching the stars pass and petting the child's head. Cara scoffs sitting in the chair and resting. "I don't know anyone who would want to watch that thing." I gasp covering his little ears. "He's amazing." I hiss at her playfully.

"I think I know someone," Din says looking at me. "What? Because if you're thinking of my brother it's a no." "No. No. I'm sure your ship is still there. Probably torn apart, but..." I smile at him and nod. I look down at the baby. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Cara asks and glances over at me for an explanation. I swoon and lean on Mando's arm. "Where he fell in love with me." Mando scoffs shaking his head. "That is NOT where that happened." I nod remembering, "Oh, right! It's where I saved you for the first time." Din looks up at me, taking his hand and grabbing my wrist lightly. "You're never going to let me forget that are you?" I smirk leaning closer and pressing a kiss on the cool metal. "Never. Ever."

~

As we fly over the sandy miles of the planet I spot a torn apart Slave I. I gasp pressing my hands to the glass. "Mando! There! She's... half standing."

As my feet hit the sand I rushed to the ripped ship. "Aria! Wait!" Din yells behind me. I run into the small hallway coming to a blocked off pod. Din rests a hand on my shoulder turning me around. "Nice place you got here." I nod looking around. "You should've seen her when I first got her. Took stole it off someone when he... fell into a... Sarlacc." I turn back quickly dismissing the story. Din chuckles as I punch in my code for entrance. "What are you doing anyway?"

The door hisses as it slides open revealing a small room filled with my things. Din walks in viewing my many items set up upon the walls. I open a cabinet and pull out a crate filled with clothes. I smirk throwing them around and pulling out exactly what I need.

"Whoa. Where'd that come from?" I look down at the worn cloth in my hands. "My past." I swallow shaking my head and running my hands over my head. "If this gets ugly you're not going to like what you see." Din shakes his head putting my cheeks in his protective hands. "Aria. We both know there is a deep past in both our lives. I don't judge you for what you've done now, in the past, or the future." "No, you don't understand, Din. I'm extremely dangerous." Din laughs lowing his head to mine. "As if I didn't know."

No, my darling love. You really do not know.

I open the small box filled with small capsules. Since I wasn't provided any training or knowledge for a Jedi or force wielder, I had to read up and teach myself some things. I wish I could wave my hand pointing out a simple command, but I'm not powerful enough. I found a way to extract force elements and injected them into fragile enclosed cases. Once broken and the target inhales the fumes they'll do whatever I say, whenever I say it. Luke was most surprised when he found out I produced them. He stated I was... risky in a way.

Din walks out after gathering a few blasters and knives. I watch him walk away with fear. The last thing I want to do is lose him, but the outlook on death is shining darker, overlooming the bright side. I can feel the dark eating away. I just hope I do some good with the darkness flowing through my blood.

~

"Nice seeing you again, Mando." "Likewise," Din nods. I pop out behind him jumping to hug Kuiil. He chuckles lowly and returns my hug. "I see you've stayed out of trouble," I shrug feeling the reality seak in. "I'm still alive, but I've caused quite a lot," I say with a shaky voice.