borderline

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒎e𝒅i𝒄a𝒕e )˚✧₊⁎ 。

𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 the door of his house, Katsuki sighed. His hands lazily latched the green apron onto the hook nearby. Passing the living room, he detected his dead beat of a dad on the couch. Fast asleep once more.

Coming down the hallway, his eyes twinkled with the moonlights daze. Finally, he came across the door. Opening it up, he spotted his mother. Laying in bed watching the late news.

"Hey. I'm back." Mitsuki looked over at Katsuki. A delighted smile on his face.

"Welcome back, Katsuki. How was work?" The boy made his way over to his mom, drawing a fresh bag full of pork buns. Presenting it to her, he smiled softly.

"It was fine. Busier than usual. You have to go to sleep soon, so enjoy those and then go to bed. Did you take your medication?"

"Of course. You're the one who left it there for me to remember." Katsuki half heartily chuckled. Kissing his mom's forehead, he left the room. Silently closing the door behind him.

Talking another stroll down the hallway, he creaked open his bedroom door. Besides a blanket and some textbooks, the room was empty. Closing the door, Katsuki flung himself onto the sheet.

Untucking the white polo he had on, Katsuki lifted himself. His sights surveyed over the papers, pencils, and money spread out on the floor. Huddling himself together, Katsuki brought out a white envelope from his back pocket.

Opening it, he promptly tallied the cash. Plopping it down with the rest, he noted the number down on his paper. Soon adding together the rest of the money he had counted previously.

All he had to do, was distribute it equally. To see precisely how much he had to pay for rent, bills, medication, chemotherapy, school, and grocery shopping. He had a long night ahead of him.

~~~

Yawning, Katsuki swirled around the vegetables in the pan. The aura caused Masaru to stir, leaving the couch and appearing in the kitchen.

"What the hell are you cooking?" Katsuki grunted.

"Food. For your sick wife who you can't bother to take care of."

Masaru snarled. Jerking Katsuki's hair, the boy glared at his father. Throwing his elbow back, he slammed it into Masaru's nose.

"Get your hands off of me."

Katsuki soon plated the dish, making sure to run out before his father had caught up to him. He did not want to be on that end of the stick. Entering his mother's room, he seated the bowls and utensils down on the covering.

Mitsuki happily gasped at the food. "You always were brilliant at cooking. Thank you, Katsuki."

Katsuki leaned down so his mother can clasp a civil kiss on his cheek. "I gotta go to school, and then I have work. Your pills and water are on the nightstand. If you need anything, call me, ok?"

"Of course. Love you."

"Love you too."

Leaving his mother's room, he could sight his father storming down the hallway. Quickly shutting the door close, a punch was met to his cheek.

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" Masaru growled, pushing Katsuki back.

"A cold bitch who's too drunk to care for his sick wife."

In seconds, Katsuki was on the ground. Pummeled by his father's bare knuckles. Blood spattering from his face onto the wall and Masaru clothing. Red gush replenished the carpet, its sickly deep color could have shaken anyone to their core.

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒎e𝒅i𝒄a𝒕e )˚✧₊⁎ 。
that I love you, you know it's true
you don't need to say it back to me
because I know you do
words: 609
a rare moment of me not using an ari song

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒎e𝒅i𝒄a𝒕e )˚✧₊⁎ 。that I love you, you know it's trueyou don't need to say it back to mebecause I know you dowords: 609a rare moment of me not using an ari song