6

"One down, one more to go!" Hawk Moth laughed as he held the precious black cat miraculous in his hand. "Now where is that pesky girl?" the villain was about to jump after the two teenagers but as he heard his assistant cough he immediately stopped what he was doing and rushed over to Mayura's side.

"Oh god, we should go."
"No-no I'm fine."
"Please don't lie to me Mayura, I know you're not fine. But don't worry you did quite well, I'm proud."
Hawk Moth said as he slowly slipped his hands around her waist and carefully lifted his assistant up from the floor. Her eyes easily closed while she got comfortable in his arms and by the time they were back at the mansion Nathalie was fully asleep.

"Oh my Nathalie...I'm sorry, I know this is all my fault.." Gabriel delicately placed his assistant down onto the soft sheets of his bed which didn't even crumple over her lightweight. "You're doing so well...I promise it will be over soon" the designer kissed her forehead before leaving the room to go 'talk' to his wife.

As Gabriel made his way down to the basement the green light on the coffin shined through the entire room making him cover his eyes before he could take a look at Emelie...his wife. And once the designer finally managed to catch a glimpse of her, she laid there, perfectly preserved, as if it was only yesterday that she had passed away.

"Em..." Gabriel mumbled as he waited for her response although he knew that was like asking for the impossible.

He missed it so much, her sweet soothing voice that always calmed him through rough times. And her presence,... the truth was that he just missed being loved. Being held close at night, and endlessly kissed in the morning. All Gabriel wanted was to find love once more but as days, weeks, months, and even years had passed Emelie lied there, motionless.

"I'm sorry Em...I know I promised" The designer sighed as he picked up the fallen rose that used to glimmer in the light, but now petal by petal the flower was losing all of its beauty. And by the time Gabriel had lifted it up to his face, only the thorny rose stem remained in his hand which left a few minor scratches.

"It's alright...I trust you." A familiar but vague voice answered which made Gabriel immediately turn around.
No one.
Was he hallucinating?
Was his mind playing tricks with him?
Did he just imagine sounds?
But before he had the chance to answer those questions the voice spoke again: "I know you can do it."

"Who are you!?!?!? What are you?!?!?!?" The designer yelled furiously as he couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from.

"Don't you recognize your own wife's voice?? Have you been listening to someone else's?!?!Are you cheating on me G-Gabriel???"

"W-What NO!!! I-I love you, Emelie!!...Emelie?"

Suddenly the voice didn't respond anymore and everything was so quiet it almost got loud. So before Gabriel could go fully insane he left to get some rest. Hoping that tomorrow would be a more successful day for Hawk Moth.

As Gabriel entered the bedroom he observed Nathalie peacefully sleeping on his bed.
She looked so exhausted and hurt it almost pained him.
He knew he had been overworking her these past couple of days and guilt filled Gabriel's heart as he got under the covers and glanced down at his assistant who held a pillow close, holding onto it as if her life depended on it.

Suddenly before he knew it his hands drew closer towards her and slowly pulled Nathalie's arms off of the pillow and instead laid them onto the designer's chest.
His own actions took Gabriel by surprise but as he saw a slight smile appear on her face he couldn't help but blush the most vibrant color of red.