49

"Nathalie! I still need your help though!" Alice said as she was smiling at her mother who directly smirked back at her.

"Well-..." the assistant began "...I don't think you need to think much of this matter, because whenever you tell Martin, it'll be perfect. He'll always react happy and will most definitely be excited to receive such news."

"I-okay-..." the blond woman smiled before wondering again "so...what a-about my father and Adrien? N-neither of them l-like Martin a-and if they find out that it's his kid then-"

"I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear the news." Nathalie reassured by turning around and placing a hand on her 'daughter's' shoulder "even if the aren't exactly 'friends' with the father, Martin is still better than the last one, isn't he?"

Alice suddenly gasped to the sound of that.

She had no idea if Nathalie knew who she was talking about, or if she was only making assumptions. Either way though, that sentence rather shocked the blond woman.

"I-...well-...o-of c-course M-Martin is b-better!" she blurted out without hesitation "but-...how do you know?"

"Oh-...well-...Alice I know a lot of things! That's just the way of mothers!"

"Right, mothers are definitely magical but right now I want to know the truth behind your magic ways of knowing such things!"

"Uhm well-" the dark haired woman swallowed hard before looking around the room, trying to hide her awkward face which knew that now there was no turning back or lying.
Alice would eventually find out that Tom had done some things to Nathalie too.
However, whilst she could, the assistant played dumb:
"...a little birdie told me-"

"Nathalie!!" Alice shouted all of a sudden, grabbing her mother's shoulders and furiously shaking her by it "Nathalie this isn't a joke!! I must know where you know my previous husba-...boyfriend from!! And do not lie to me!"

"A-I-...I-...I can't!" She struggled to say "I-...I seriously can't t-tell you-"

"-why!?!? Did he threaten you?! "
Nathalie shook her head 'no'
"Do you know him in person?!?"
Nathalie shrugged with an uncomfortable glare
"Do you-...wait-..." Alice's voice faded out there because as she came to the last option of her quiz game she realized that her mom was about to nod.
Yet before Nathalie could've done so the younger woman fell into her new mother's arms and hugged her tight.

"Did he?" She asked "Did he hurt you mom?"

The assistant stayed quiet for this part.

She didn't disagree or agree to the truth, she simply shrugged again and said:

"You shouldn't worry about that!! Especially not on your wedding my darling, just have fun!"

"Oh but Nath-..." The blond woman whispered in disbelief "You should've told me!!"

"I-...you shouldn't even know! It's embarrassing!"

"No! There's nothing embarrassing about it! It's not your fault, it's his fault! He is the abuser are you're the victim!! You shouldn't be the one feeling guiltily, instead that hideous monster should be rotting behind bars, yet he is still out there somewhere-"

"Well actually Alice..." Nathalie interrupted with a smile thinking back to just a few days ago "Your father solved that problem!!"

"Which problem?"

"Tom showing up to your wedding, or him harming anyone."

"I-..."Alice went speechless "Y-y-you know his name and everything?" She asked with a trembling voice.