62

"Nathalie I'm sorry!" Gabriel desperately shouted.

He wanted to get the woman to stop, at least take a breath, however, his assistant didn't hesitate to turn her back to him.

Then, she simply continued her determined walk towards the office.

"Nath!" The man's voice once again begged. "Please look at me! I'm sorry! Forgive me! Calm down and don't-"

"-Do anything too quick while my emotions get the best of me?" She finished his sentence while facing him in frustration. "Is that what you wanted to say?"

Slowly, a couple of tears began to appear in the dark-haired woman's eyes.

She could feel it, her boss could see it.

He reached out his hand to try and wipe those mean water droplets away, but Nathalie was faster;

She turned away.

"Leave me alone Gabriel! I want to find Adrien!"

"Me too, but it's not good to make decision in such a state."

"Oh how damn ironic that you're the one educating me on this topic." Nathalie spat, turning back in the direction of her boss while the rage visibly burned in her eyes.

She had more than enough of her superior's bullshit and didn't even think about holding back her anger.

The woman had done so for way too long.

Now she was going to give the tall man a piece of her mind;

"As if you wouldn't have fucked your wife the second you saw her again while lying straight to my face about how much you love me! Thanks a lot, sir." She glared through him, disgusted. "I'll take your great, wise, lovely advice."

"Nath."

"Fuck you, Gabe! Fuck you and fuck that stupid part of my heart that loves you!"

With that, the assistant slammed the office door right in the face of her soon-to-be husband.

It felt as if the entire mansion would've shaken, and Gabriel himself had never felt worse than he did in that moment.

Everything he did wrong or had been blamed for all began to eat him alive.

"Nathalie!" his voice cried out, but she didn't answer.

The woman on the other side of the door squeezed her eyes shut, trying to forget what she said and what she was about to do; which was to get back Adrien through Mayura's powers.

As much as it would hurt her it was going to be worth it.

Adrien was the main reason as to why she had still put up with Gabriel and why she couldn't leave this family, it was almost all of him.

Almost.

Of course, a part of Nathalie's heart had Gabriel deeply engraved in it.

It was no secret that for a long time she had loved and admired him despite the fact that he'd been married previously.

However, once the dark-haired woman actually had the chance to love the so-called man of her dreams it wasn't absolutely perfect anymore...

"Nathalie!" Now he shouted at the door again. "Please I...I didn't mean for all this to happen. I apologize for everything. I swear I-"

"-Don't swear, don't promise anything." She mumbled under her breath which trembled as she sniffed away her forming tears. "Men are terrible at keeping promises. I'd rather be disappointed knowing it was meant to happen than getting my hopes up and then crushed."