10

He didn't mind at all, in fact, Gabriel liked to cross his assistant-boss boundaries.
He loved to see Nathalie in a less professional way when she could act like herself and not like a heartless monster.
So whilst he observed her peacefully sleep Gabriel thought of all the possible ways he could safely bring back Emelie so Nathalie would remain unharmed.
But still, what would be his sacrifice then?
Adrien? Would he sacrifice his own son to get back his wife?
That's morbid.
But he valued Nathalie just as much as he valued his only son.
"Sir go to sleep!" The young assistant mumbled which made the designer immediately glance down at her.
"Nathalie you go to sleep!" He replied to which she vigorously shook her head:
"Only after you."
"Don't argue with me! I'm your superior!!"
"And? What will you do? Fire me for not sleeping?"
"Oh come on Nathalie, just close those pretty eyes."
"Fine." She uttered bitterly before laying her head back to the comfortable position it found on top of his chest.
And within seconds Nathalie fell into a peaceful slumber.

*in the morning*

The assistant woke up to her own alarm and once she looked down she could see that her boss was still sleeping.
Nathalie didn't want to wake him but she couldn't move, not even a bit, since he held her so close.
His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist and back causing Nathalie to be 'pressed' against him.
After some trial and error she managed to wake Gabriel a little bit, but his grip stayed the same.
"Sir...it's time to-"
"Em, just give me a few more minutes darling."
He whispered before turning to his side whilst still holding onto Nathalie so she got pulled with him.
Now she was on the edge of the bed and if Gabriel would let go of her she could completely fall to the ground, so the assistant just acted as if she was his wife whilst hoping that this way he wouldn't drop her.

After a few minutes Gabriel continued to lie there motionless, and as Nathalie looked over to the clock she saw that time was running out. Soon they would need to show up at the fashion show so she had to make a move in order to escape.
"Sir I'm not your wif-"
"Hush Nathalie-...NATHALIE?!?! WHAT THE HELL?!?!" And just as soon as he realized who he had been holding onto Gabriel quite literally threw his assistant off of the bed which caused her to crash into the wall.
All of this was too sudden for the designer to process but soon when he realized what he had just done he rushed to help her.
"I'm so sorry Nathalie, I didn't mean to-"
"It's alright, I'm fine."
The assistant forced a smile onto her face as she stood up. Gabriel of course was very sorry and Nathalie knew he didn't do this on purpose but it still hurt her.
Maybe it would've been better if she would've continued to act like Emelie so at least that way he could've woken up somewhat more pleasantly.

*later*

When both adults were ready they made their way over to Adrien's room where the kid greeted them with a wide grin.
"Hope you guys slept well because I sure did, on this bed for two." He winked at Nathalie first, then his father.
"We slept, fine." Gabriel murmured as all three of them now stood in the elevator listening to that awkward music which filled this tight enclosed space.
It was always that same repeating sound that could drive someone insane if they would listen to it for long enough, but thankfully they arrived on the first floor just before any of them lost their minds.

A car already stood in front of the hotel specifically waiting for them.
And as soon as they got into the vehicle their journey to the fashion show began.
But absolutely no one seemed excited, Adrien looked depressed, Gabriel fed up, and Nathalie tired.
So it was extremely difficult to smile once they made it to the show.

By a miracle Nathalie's and Gabriel's seats were right next to each other so this way whispering to each other was relatively easy.
However before the show began Nathalie went backstage to make sure that Adrien was all prepared and ready but before she could make it to the young model's dressing room she got pulled away by a pair of strong arms.
"N-Nathalie." The voice whispered which she immediately recognized.
"Tom?"
"Yes?"
"What do you want?!" The assistant asked loudly to intimidate him but her voice betrayed her as it began to shake and tremble.
"N-Nathalie I have to admit something...I-...I-...I admire you...a lot."
She was left speechless by this, and before she knew it he had gotten closer to the point where their faces were at the same level.
Tom wasn't 'that' tall of a guy so he didn't need to lower himself much to appear the same high as Nathalie, but his strange personality is what intimidated her like none other.
The way he always stuttered the first letter of her name as if he was afraid to say it, but he seemed so confident with his moves.
"I have to go!" She said before trying to run off but he was quicker and managed to hold onto Nathalie's wrist which disallowed her to move.
"I really need to go! Gabriel is waiting for me!" The young assistant continuously tried to free herself but his grip was beyond strong.
"LET GO OF ME TOM!!!"
"Pardon-...I was just admiring you."
He said before releasing her and allowing Nathalie to run free.