17

(Sorry about any spelling mistakes)

"What no! Why would you say that?!"
The teenager exclaimed as he rushed over to his father and tried to help him up, but Gabriel refused. Instead he pushed his own son away and stood up all by himself.
"You hate me...don't you?"
"I-..." Adrien hesitated "-...hate is a strong word."
"Either way Emilie would've taken better care of you..." the designer sighed for a moment before once again falling into tears "-... I know this is all my fault but I was just trying to please everyone."
"W-what do you mean?"
"Your mother-...oh that poor soul never deserved any of this."
"I don't understan-"
"GET OUT!"
"But I-"
"ADRIEN! LEAVE!"

And thankfully before Gabriel would've lost his mind the teenager went back to his room leaving his father all alone.

So now as Gabriel was about to reach for something to grab and sooner or later potentially destroy the designer managed to hold himself back.
With a relieved sigh he sat down onto the bed and stared onto the ground in shame, of course his little purple kwami immediately got alarmed once his owner's tears started falling so without hesitation Nooroo asked:

"Master...should I-"
"No, leave her alone, Nathalie also needs some time for herself, let's just go down to Em."
"Of course Master."

The little kwami watched as his owner exited his room and began to hurry down the marble stairs.
Within a few minutes they were already in the basement and Gabriel was sadly glancing over at the coffin.
He stared at his wife for a couple of moments before fully collapsing on top of the glass barrier.

"Em-...I'm sorry my love. I don't think I can bring you back." The designer sobbed heavier and heavier as the time went on. "Please forgive me for everything I've done."

Moments later after saying that, Gabriel's grip on the glass coffin became weak and he slipped down onto the floor.
The grey haired man didn't even have enough strength to get up so instead he just spent the night sleeping there, in front of his wife's coffin.

Of course Nooroo would've tried to get help but since his master told him not to get Nathalie the little kwami had to also sleep downstairs.

Nooroo wasn't too excited about sleeping in the creepy old basement where Emilie lied, but he couldn't be too far away from Gabriel because of the magic spell that was put upon him, so the kwami had to cope with their not so great situation.

*meanwhile with Nathalie and Martin*

Martin had driven her home and now he was standing in the assistant's doorway watching as Nathalie stepped into her own apartment.
The young woman turned around with a smile and was about to shut the door when Martin suddenly spoke:

"So-...you're okay now?"
"Well...somewhat."
"A-Alright." The brown haired man nodded as he tried to make a tiny movement towards her but as soon as the assistant could feel his fingers interlink with hers; she jumped.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."
"No it's alright. I'm just still a little-"
"Of Course, I understand."

With a disappointed sigh Martin forced a smile onto his face and turned away to leave.
Nathalie had no further things to say, or do, so she shut her door and finally got all of this space for herself. Lucky, since she really needed some time alone where no one would comment on anything she did.
So now the assistant could process what had happened in the past couple of days.

She obviously still didn't feel very comfortable in her own skin, but it would take some time before she could accept it.
Things wouldn't feel the same anymore, and everything would take a lot of patience to except.
But Nathalie hoped that soon enough she could forget all of this and continue her life as a completely normal person.