39

"Nathalie please! I didn't mean to hurt you so bad! You know it's just that this girl came and she-...I don't know she totally-"

"No Martin it's fine!" The assistant interrupted not being able to hear a single word more of what he had to say about someone else "...you don't have to explain yourself! You love who you want to love, and that's fine! I-I'm just being weak!"

"But I-...." For a second he thought and when Martin realized that he was about to say "I want to make you happy." then he suddenly noticed that he put Nathalie first once again, and became selfless once again.

"But you?" Her voice brought him back which had the brown haired man shake his head vigorously and then begin with:

"I-...I want you to be happy but I don't know if I can do that anymore...I don't think I can be the one who 'makes' you happy."

"Oh..." she sighed. "...t-that's alright-...I-I mean  of course you're not 'meant' to make me happy and you don't owe me anything-...but it still sort of hurt, you know?"

"I guess-...and I'm sorry about that. I really didn't want things to end like this. I simply came to Paris to find you and tell you that even after years I love you, but now-...somehow magically that all changed. Now I don't feel stuck anymore, now I feel like I have another chance at love and-"

"I GET IT!" Nathalie shouted completely shutting up her friend who most certainly didn't expect the woman to work herself up over such a simple thing.
It almost seemed as if the assistant would've been mad at Martin's happiness.
And surely enough she was, absolutely furious.

-

Absolutely furious exactly like Adrien right this moment as he had just found out that his mother was alive all along and the woman he let go of such a long time ago was actually his aunt.

"M-my mother?!?! S-she's alive?!?"

"Yes son." Gabriel nodded "You've asked this question at least five times now."

"OH WELL SORRY, IM SIMPLY A BIT SHOOK THAT MY DEAD MOTHER IS ALIVE!!"

"She was never dead in the first place-"

"I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!" He cut his father off "DAMN IT IM JUST CONFUSED."

"That's alright son, we'll get through it together. Or does that sound very cringe? Anyways, you get what I'm trying to say! This is new to the both of us since I found out not so long ago, therefore if you need any help to process or understand this then I'll-"

"NO!" Adrien shouted "No father why are you being so supportive and nice?!?! Shouldn't you be l-like-...s-shocked? Scared even? H-how the fuck are you s-so-...understanding?!?!"

"Well first of all language Adrien! You won't get far in life with no manners so work on it! Second, I am indeed very scared and shocked, in addition, because Nathalie just 'ran away' I'm also insanely frustrated, but since I wouldn't want to worry you and also because I don't want to worry myself I try to imagine that everything is fine. So I just keep repeating this one dumb stupid line in my head which doesn't help at all and I want to cry, shout and scream b-but-...b-but for your sake I'm keeping it t-together."

The grey haired man forced a smile onto his face, greatly scaring the child who didn't know if his father would start shouting or sobbing.
But he didn't.
In fact Gabriel didn't show any type of emotions.
He just sighed and then turned the car to the right.

"S-so-...y-you w-won't y-yell?"

"No. No Adrien, at least one of us needs to act fine. Otherwise if we're both lost in emotions than I'm pretty sure we wouldn't make it far."