26

"M-my love, p-please continue moving those wonderful hips like that!"
"L-Like this?"
"Oh just like that!"
Gabriel moaned with a shaking voice as he reached out to grab Nathalie's waist but once his hands slid under her shirt the designer could once again feel her rough scar. And just when he accidentally brushed across the 'mark' the young woman immediately pulled back.

"Sorry." Both adults mumbled at the same time which afterwards caused total silence. So they stayed like that for a minute or two before Nathalie sighed and got off of her boss's lap.

"I'm sorry." She said once again "I wish I could do a better Emilie impression but it's difficult"
"No It's fine. You did great." Gabriel smiled as tried to hold his assistant in his arms but the young woman rejected him. "Nathalie? Look at me please."
"N-no!"
"Please Nath...did I make you uncomfortable when I touched your...scar?"
"Well a little..." She whispered hesitantly "...but that's not your fault."
"Yes, I understand." Gabriel slowly shifted closer to his assistant and after he earned an agreeing nod from her he pulled the blanket over the both of them. "Don't hesitate to tell me if anything I do makes you feel awkward. I wouldn't want to hurt you in that way."
"Alright, thank you."
"Please, it's the bare minimum." The designer chuckled as he laid a kiss on top of Nathalie's forehead and wished her a good night.

...

Gabriel woke up first since he was afraid that Adrien would once again sneak into the room and surprise both adults with his hateful comments. But thankfully there was no sight of the kid, so to make sure that he wouldn't get in later throughout the day the designer went to lock the door.
As he did so his assistant woke up to the sound of the keys clattering and once she rubbed her sleepy eyes she could see her boss closing the bedroom exist.
For a second the young woman got scared that he might be onto something sketchy so Nathalie quickly jumped out of bed and stood the furthest away from Gabriel.

"What do you want!?" She shouted to which the grey haired man froze in one place confused.
"N-nothing? I just wanted to lock the door..."
"Why? Why does it need to be locked? So I can't run away?!"
"What? No-no-no Nathalie, it's so that Adrien can't get in." He laughed "remember when he started fussing about us sleeping together but we didn't, well I just couldn't let that happen a second time so...don't worry you can leave whenever you want to, I'm not trying to keep you hostage.
"O-oh...sorry...I really thought...you wanted something...gosh I'm so stupid!"
"You're not don't worry. It was only a quick reaction out of instinct...because of well...Tom I assume. Did he lock the door many times?"

Nathalie nodded to his words embarrassed.

"I thought so. But don't worry, you're safe now and I promise nothing bad will ever happen to you." Gabriel whispered whilst he made his way over to the terrified young woman who was still somewhat shaking from the thought of her past. "I'll protect you at all costs Nath."
"T-thank you." She faintly smiled feeling her boss's arms pull her close "Y-you're really sweet."
"I'm just doing the bare minimum."

And so he was, but to Nathalie that was much more than just "the bare minimum" it was the nicest anyone has ever been to her. So within seconds the assistant couldn't help it anymore but fall into tears.

"T-thank y-you a-agin, t-this m-means s-so m-much t-to m-me."
"What exactly?"
"Y-you s-saying a-all of t-those n-nice t-things."
"Oh Nathalie, you can't be serious right now. Has no one ever cared for you?"

She hesitated to answer.

"I thought you and Martin were-"
"He did care but I didn't. I'm not sure if I ever really loved him, because he was just a distraction..."
"A distraction? What for?"
"So that I wouldn't feel so pathetic about myself!" The young woman cried "I needed validation, and there he was giving it all to me, so I took my chance and...and now here I am...calling him a distraction..."
"Oh...well I'm sorry. I hope you find someone-"
"I hope so too."
Nathalie sighed as she now broke free from Gabriel's arms and walked up to the door, but when she tried to push down the handle that cursed thing didn't open.
"Do you-"
"-yes...I want to leave! Please open the door."