29

After waiting a couple of hours Felix finally arrived. And he sure made a scene when he at first didn't see the adults so without hesitation he kissed his girlfriend and was about-

"Felix!" Gabriel cleared his throat standing up which caused the child to immediately flinch and back up.
"Uncle?! What do you want!?"
"Oh don't worry, it's nothing bad!" He began chuckling awkwardly "I just wanted to ask if you by any chance remember Alice..."
"ALICE?! What do you want from her?!"
"Oh well...I'd just like to see her again...you know it's been a while."
"Mhm...right. And what makes you think 'I' have connections with her?"
"Felix...I know you."
"You do? I doubt that."
"Okay well I do know that you know most people around so...considering that she's apart of our family I thought I'd ask you."
The designer smiled weirdly as he hoped the child would help but after a minute of silence he just shook his head and shrugged.

"I don't know where she is right now." Felix said looking at his girlfriend who by now was making dinner for everyone. But for a split second she looked up and gave her boyfriend and disapproving look which seemed to greatly influence his next words "and I don't think she wants to speak to you."
"What? She remembers me?"
"Well..."
"I doubt." Whispered Ava quietly as she began to set the table and out of instinct Nathalie wanted to help but she got pushed away. So instead the assistant now sighed disappointedly and sat back down next to her boss who was incredibly impatient to know where his daughter was.
"So? You know her too...Ava?"
"Not really. I mean Felix probably knows her better than I do but...but I still know some of her. She's nice that's all I'll say."
"Really?" The grey haired man smiled lovingly whilst he imagined his daughter "Tell me more."
"Oh well...she looks a lot like...her mother...but she's got your eyes...definitely!"
"Yeah. She's like Alice from Alice in wonderland." The blond boy added chuckling whilst he pulled his girlfriend closer by her waist and laid a kiss on her cheek."Tell him." Felix whispered but the girl just shook her head vigorously and walked away leaving her boyfriend looking hopeless and the adults even more confused than before.
"So..."
"Well Ava has some thing she could tell you but she doesn't seem to be in a kind mood today."
"Felix! I told you to shut up!"
"But just tell him?! Why does this hurt you?! Plus then at least they'd leave already!!"
"But I-...I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER!"
And with that the furious young woman threw a plate at her boyfriend who somehow managed to dodge it, but only barely.
So now he looked at her terrified and also incredibly grumpy at the same time but before he could've scolded her Gabriel grabbed Felix's wrist and held the kid back.
"It's alright, if she doesn't want to talk about her then don't pressure her." The designer began "But please, if you ever see her...tell Alice her father misses her...a lot." His last words became slowly inaudible as tears quickly filled Gabriel's eyes but thankfully his assistant was there to wipe them away.
"Anyways I think we should go."
"But sir-...you came here for a reason!"
"Yes Nathalie I know but...it's fine..."
"No wait!" Ava shouted "I-...I guess I can tell you something..."
"Really?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh thank you so much young lady!"
The designer smiled as he hugged the blond woman tight who didn't quite know what to do so she just accepted the man's polite behavior by hugging him back in a friendly manner.

"So about Alice...well I can't say this in front of everyone so may I just speak with you in private sir?"
"Sure! And call me Gabriel, sir makes me feel old plus Nathalie says that way too often."

"O-okay...Gabriel." Ava smiled whilst guiding him into a room "First of all..." she closed the door "...you must know something that I was specifically told not to tell you, so please act like you don't know if anyone asks. AND DON'T TELL FELIX! He'll kill me! Literally!"
"Alright, I promise."
"Good." She sighed in relief before turning to the man with an extremely serious face "Your wife is alive."
"WHAT?!?!"
"Woah-oh calm down people can hear you!"
"I know but-...are you serious? E-Em-"
"Yes! Emilie is alive, and she always has been! She never died!
"Wha-Wha..."
"It's complicated." The young lady rolled her eyes as she now began telling the main story: "Amelie had this disease which no one only her sister knew about and because it was impossible to keep her alive anymore Emilie decided to play pretend and be her sister so Felix could get brought up normally."
"B-But why? What about Adrien? Did she hate me?!?! WHY WOULD SHE LEAVE HER FAMILY!!"
"Gabriel! Quiet! She didn't hate you, she just wanted to help her sister and...well...I know about you two's relationship...it wasn't exactly love keeping you two together was it?"
"I-..."he was too lost for words